Tennis elbow, anyone got tips?

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I saw my PT person who examined my arm, asked questions and said it was tennis elbow. She gave me some exercises, which I haven’t been diligent with. It’s been a couple of months and the intermittent pain is bad. I’m avoiding the activity that caused it.

How were you all diagnosed? Should I see an orthopedist? Should I return to the PT person? I would prefer my acupuncturist, but that’s all costs out of pocket. I have to do something. This is ridiculous! I’m pretty ticked!

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Antje77

Missed the post originally, hope issue resolved itself at some point.

Curious so a question to all.

I had tennis elbow.....
.....Wrist tendonitis....swollen & aching ankle
And a knee that ballooned & became so sore to walk on I ended up using a walking stick to get around.
And ended up buying a plethora of 'aids' to ease the pains.

Which all worked to varying degrees from low to high, to temper the symptoms.

All of this happened in my 50's..none of it seemed to happen at the same time or even year, and each lasted around a month, give or take...(wrist was a repeat offender ..big believer in the first signs it's getting sore, put a wrist strap on asap..saves weeks of pain )

Not sure, but I put it all down to being in my 50's....forgetting I was 50 at times :rolleyes: .. AND any strains, etc just exceeding my powers of recovery, I told myself we just don't heal as well after 50 years of self repairing

But that phase only lasted say 5/6 years...then the litany of pains & strains just stopped..

By way of note I got DX'd age 59, went lchf, and Touchwood none of those issues have ever resurfaced.

So I'm likely close on 8/9 years since my run of joints pain & inflammation.

More convinced now the original issues were from my age
The repairs, I now believe, is that maybe my body finally managed to readjust and upped its recuperative powers in some way.

I had originally thought I'd unconsciously began performing task in a way that caused less strain (aka slowed down & stopped trying to act like I'm still 20 )

But after DX I joined a gym, began attempting C2K by jogging and running circuits around our local streets & parks

So fully expected some return of my previous aches, but nothing of that nature returned.

Missus began complaining of similar issues, circa mid 50's which is where I sympathised but had my 'aha' moment of 'proof of concept '

Be very curious if that 50's body fatigue is common ?

Anyone care to add an age in the name of science :cool:

Last edited:
  • Informative

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Curious so a question to all.

I had tennis elbow.....
.....Wrist tendonitis....swollen & aching ankle
And a knee that ballooned & became so sore to walk on I ended up using a walking stick to get around.
And ended up buying a plethora of 'aids' to ease the pains.

Which all worked to varying degrees from low to high, to temper the symptoms.

All of this happened in my 50's..none of it seemed to happen at the same time or even year, and each lasted around a month, give or take.
I'm 46, and this sounds quite a lot like my experience over the past 20 years. Throughout the years I've had painful and sometimes swollen elbows, wrists, thumb, shoulders, tendon in hip at different points in time. Most of them resolved in a month or two (like my tennis arm) with or without seeing a GP or a PT, although the shoulder took two years.

Currently it's a knee, which has been going on for over a year, and back issues that are sometimes worse and sometimes better.
Went LCHF 7 years ago, doesn't seem to make a difference.

I sure hope it doesn't get worse when I turn 50 in 4 years! :hilarious:

• Funny
Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went with funny for the last line gallows humour

But a huge hug for the other pains
How annoying .

Agree I don't put any respite down to lchf
(Tho it did massively help my asthma..I'd definitely recommend anyone really suffering to consider trying lchf )

Best wishes.

• Friendly