Testing after starting to eat.

Spongepants

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just là-dessus the mistake of forgetting to test myself before eating and tester myself during my meal. Does it make any difference? I had only started to eat less than 5 mins before. I don't think it dies but just wanted to check.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
The idea is to test before food and 2 hours after. I do sometimes forget but if I forget, I just test 2 hours after my food until the next meal then I test before. There's no point beating yourself up about it though. Set a timer to test after 2 hours, I did that until I got into a routine. You will get the hang of it eventually. Once it becomes routine, it becomes a regime lol

• Agree
Reactions: catinahat

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I think it would depend on the type of food you were eating but I can't see 5 minutes making a great difference. Your food has to be digested before the glucose can get into your blood, I suppose something like fruit juice or full fat coke would hit your blood pretty quickly but anything that your body needs to work on to extract the sugar is probably going to take longer than 5min

• Agree
Reactions: Lainie71 and Rachox