Thanks to all of you

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for all the help and advice on this site. Had my blood taken yesterday at 11.30 and got the result this morning. The nurse was amazed at my weight loss, on diagnosis 13stone 1lb (83 kilo) yesterday 9stone 1lb (57 kilo), just don't like the baggy skin. Have had to have my wedding altered because I was in danger of losing it, lost one gold ring but OH has got me another one for Christmas that I chose. I am now in size 10 clothes, can never remember ever having that size.

7/3/15 - 97 mmo/L
19/8/15 - 55
28/10/15 - 49
22/6/16 - 44
21/12/16 - 41 (was hoping that it would be a bit lower)

My brother & SIL visited yesterday and we went out to lunch. I ordered a burger with cheese and bacon with salad, asked for no bap or chips and the waitress said 'oh low carbs' . Going out this evening with friends and I will have grilled sea bass, mushrooms and salad (I take my own olive oil) but I might have a prawn cocktail to start but no pudding.

I tried sprouts (first time for many years) and they weren't too bad.

So again, many thanks I couldn't have done it without you all.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year and keep up the good work everybody.

love Carol

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for all the help and advice on this site. Had my blood taken yesterday at 11.30 and got the result this morning. The nurse was amazed at my weight loss, on diagnosis 13stone 1lb (83 kilo) yesterday 9stone 1lb (57 kilo), just don't like the baggy skin. Have had to have my wedding altered because I was in danger of losing it, lost one gold ring but OH has got me another one for Christmas that I chose. I am now in size 10 clothes, can never remember ever having that size.

7/3/15 - 97 mmo/L
19/8/15 - 55
28/10/15 - 49
22/6/16 - 44
21/12/16 - 41 (was hoping that it would be a bit lower)

My brother & SIL visited yesterday and we went out to lunch. I ordered a burger with cheese and bacon with salad, asked for no bap or chips and the waitress said 'oh low carbs' . Going out this evening with friends and I will have grilled sea bass, mushrooms and salad (I take my own olive oil) but I might have a prawn cocktail to start but no pudding.

I tried sprouts (first time for many years) and they weren't too bad.

So again, many thanks I couldn't have done it without you all.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year and keep up the good work everybody.

love Carol
Well done.
Try sprouts stir fried with butter and garlic. Yum!

Reactions: zand

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant! :) have a deliciously gluttonous low carb christmas, and enjoy every mouthful! :D

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Well done! Those are superb results.

Sprouts fried with bacon and garlic are also yummy!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done indeed.. great weight loss and numbers.. keep up the great work.
I'll second or third the sprouts with bacon..