The great health supplements con: How firms like Seven Seas

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
http://dailym.ai/1f3iuo1 The great health supplements con: How firms like Seven Seas and Vitabiotics exaggerate benefits of ... #MailOnline

And I use Vitaiotics Diabetone.
Draw your own conclusions.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Re: The great health supplements con: How firms like Seven S

Some do make some extraordinary claims on their packaging, you can get most of what they claim from eating a healthy well balanced diet without handing over vast amounts of money on supplements, for more than 20 years I took a garlic supplement believing that it kept would help with my cardiovascular health and lower cholesterol (despite eating garlic in my diet), decided to stop taking the supplement 2 years ago and my cholesterol hasn't gone up.....it's actually gone down!!! :D

The only supplement I take now (and will always take unless told otherwise by my HCP's) is Cod Liver Oil, 10ml off the spoon everyday before my evening meal.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: The great health supplements con: How firms like Seven S

I do take a vitamin supplement but they are just that - to supplent your diet. If you've ever picked up a free mag in a health shop every article makes it sound like you never need food nutrients again! It is a massive industry and the bottom line is cash not our health and well being unfortunately. There are benefits to many supplements but they are not magic bullets. We still have to put the work in, sigh:grin:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App