Think libre has a problem

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last time I changed my sensor it had the filament & a sharp metal object in it as well, this has been replaced
Went to put a new sensor on this morning & no filament just a thick sharp needle,
Opened 4 this morning & all the same dates 31/12/24 & 31/1/25, one of these was actually a replacement,
Please be very careful & check before using

Attachments

• IMG_5786.jpeg
    IMG_5786.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5788.jpeg
    IMG_5788.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Second pic is what it's supposed to look like, I think. Did you try applying as usual?
Went to put a new sensor on this morning & no filament just a thick sharp needle,
You only see the needle, not the filament before applying it.
Last time I changed my sensor it had the filament & a sharp metal object in it as well, this has been replaced
This happens very occasionally, that the needle will still be sticking in the sensor after applying, those won't work and are rightfully replaced.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Second pic is what it's supposed to look like, I think. Did you try applying as usual?

You only see the needle, not the filament before applying it.

This happens very occasionally, that the needle will still be sticking in the sensor after applying, those won't work and are rightfully replaced.
After priming & before inserting you can always see the filament, never seen a needle before, it’s a very thick needle, didn’t try it, if you put it against your skin you can feel the needle

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
After priming & before inserting you can always see the filament, never seen a needle before, it’s a very thick needle, didn’t try it, if you put it against your skin you can feel the needle
I'll have a closer look at mine with my next sensor change on tuesday.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a closer look at mine, and it looks just like the one in your picture.
You see the insertion needle, the filament is hidden inside.
After making the picture I applied this one as usual.

If you feel the needle when putting against your skin, it's faulty in a way, but in a way you can easily solve yourself. Still, theu will replace if you call about it.
Should it happen again, simply gently pull the blue part up until it clicks in place, I had to do so with this sensor as well.

Can it be that this experience with a real faulty sensor has made you look closer than you have before, and thus noticing the long needle for the first time?

1701810553548.png

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a closer look at mine, and it looks just like the one in your picture.
You see the insertion needle, the filament is hidden inside.
After making the picture I applied this one as usual.

If you feel the needle when putting against your skin, it's faulty in a way, but in a way you can easily solve yourself. Still, theu will replace if you call about it.
Should it happen again, simply gently pull the blue part up until it clicks in place, I had to do so with this sensor as well.

Can it be that this experience with a real faulty sensor has made you look closer than you have before, and thus noticing the long needle for the first time?

View attachment 64756
I didn’t look at the first one just felt the needle against my arm, hopefully the replacements will soon arrive
I’ve still got an out of date libre 1 in the cupboard, I’ll have a look at that
Thank you