Type 1 and Triple Bypass

Kathy V

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am 51 yrs old and had a triple bypass in November. I had some complications after surgery and then had to go back in the hospital in Dec. due to the incision completely opening up and infected. I have been wearing a vac pump since Dec. 22 to help with the healing. I feel that this is just dragging on and my docs are being overly cautious. They are saying I have to keep it on for at least two more weeks from now. (It is now 2/22). My whole life has been put on hold. Has anyone else gone through this like I am?

TopoGigi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Negativity
I am 51 yrs old and had a triple bypass in November. I had some complications after surgery and then had to go back in the hospital in Dec. due to the incision completely opening up and infected. I have been wearing a vac pump since Dec. 22 to help with the healing. I feel that this is just dragging on and my docs are being overly cautious. They are saying I have to keep it on for at least two more weeks from now. (It is now 2/22). My whole life has been put on hold. Has anyone else gone through this like I am?

The vac pump will help with the healing, better to be safe than sorry , hang on in there. Take care.