Type 2. Are you taking Statins?

Cap'n M

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
EU27, CO2 Global Warming Scam, Theresa May, Comrade Boris Johnson.
I started on Simvastatin 10mg soon after diagnosis, achieving a cholesterol level of 3.6 and very soon followed by multiple adverse reactions including tendon tears, muscle wasting, weakness, peripheral neuropathy and loss of joint position sense, plus numerous others. Stopping them led to a slow recovery, possibly helped by self-medication with Ubiquinol. My tests off statins have been in the low 4's. Around 25% of subjects are very statin-sensitive.
Statins are moderately effective in protection not because of their cholesterol lowering properties, but because of their anti-inflammatory effect. There is no need to promote ultra-low cholesterol levels, I believe, and minimal doses will do the job in those who need it.
I think the majority of the medical profession are still hoodwinked by Pharmaceutical companies, who cherry pick the favourable data and it will be some time before the profession realises that cholesterol is not the culprit !

Sweet-Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The rain.
Was on 40mg Simvastatin for about 8 years, my cholesterol dropped so have been on Atorvastatin 20mg for the past 2'ish years.

Reactions: Fritter65