IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Paul_c said:
Just had part deux of the Desmond course this morning... boy are they obsessed with cutting fats out, especially saturated fats... all part of a supposedly "Heart Healthy" diet... meh...

I'm still waiting for an answer for my 1800-2000 kcals per day -
if I restrict carbs to 150 g per day (600 kcals) (as suggested by a dietitian)
and protein to 150 g per day (600 kcals)
and cut right down on fats (as recommended by a dietitian)
where do my remaining calories come from?

They suggested fruit & veg, but the energy in fruit & veg comes from the small amount of carbs ....

Actually my carb intake is nearer 50 g (200 kcals)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Paul_c said:
Just had part deux of the Desmond course this morning... boy are they obsessed with cutting fats out, especially saturated fats... all part of a supposedly "Heart Healthy" diet... meh...

It is known that too much fat especially saturated fat is not good for your cardio vascular system, ask any cardiologist. Also as fat contains twice the calories of carbs or protein it is best to limit it if you are trying to lose weight as many T2 diabetics are.

Hope that helps :D

Grazer

Paul_c said:

Wouldn't be so bad if they gave you sensible alternatives to eat instead. I'd rather concentrate on avoiding the starchy carbs I KNOW will hurt me in too large a quantity rather than the fats which might.