type 2 HbA1c last 4 @5.9 6.0 6.1 6.1

Fly Fisher

Hi,

I am type 2 with very good control over hba1c, but have recently got a dose of thrush. My doctor has given me the usual 2 part pack capsule and cream, so far its not changed, however, I noticed that before I went to the doctor last week , there is a very sore looking red patch on the rhs of the glans of my penis, it was there and causing some irritation under my foreskin, but after looking on nhs websites re. type 2 and dangers of thrush I am starting to worry that it might be serious.
Im going to another doctior tonight, but wanted any opinion from anyone out there who might have any ideas.
Sorry for being graphic by the way. thanks.

Grazer

Can't really help you, but I do know this is a common complication with diabetes. Could just as easy be an ordinary infection and not diabetes related though. You're seeing the doc so you'll get things sorted. Good luck!

sandrasin

Hi,I am a lady age 63 with type 2: diabetes l have had the same problem for the last few months sick of seeing the g/ps nurse 'swaps /urine sent for analysts came back "thrush "all thrush treatment failed to help'i eventually so the doctor himself straight away diagnosed with lichen sclerosus he give me print out. Treatment is steroid cream men and boys can allso get this skin condition just after 2 weeks I'm so pleased the cream is working hope this information puts your mind at ease. Good luck sans

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
It sounds like thrush to me. I had exactly the same problem for about 6 months pre-diagnosis(so much so that I was rotating chemists for my canestan supplies).

Since I got my BG under control, I've never had another problem.

Of course, it might be nothing to do with diabetes, and it might not be thrush...