Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
0745 this morning and 6.7. I had a glass of milk and a little bit of Brie just before bedtime but in the last 3 weeks my morning weekly average is down from 10.4 to 8.1 which is a 25% reduction that I am very pleased with. Total weight loss in 3 weeks is 7 lb 14oz so only another few stone to lose. LoL! Now in the stage of missing meals as I still feel full. A few walnuts /Brazil's keeps the full feeling with a glass of water or tea/coffee.
That's brilliant @Bigman49 . Well done. Keep going. :)

Reactions: Bigman49

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, Swiggy!
I agree with @ickihun - if you're doing this well without meds, it's definitely worth seeing how far you can go without them. You might surprise yourself!
Meds are a useful tool in the fight against diabetes, of course, but there are many who would give their eye teeth to be controlling it via diet/exercise alone.
Keep up the good work! :)
Thanks @debrasue I started to doubt myself but when I looked back over my diary I do think that I have come a long way. I will keep going and hopefully I will continue to improve. X

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
0745 this morning and 6.7. I had a glass of milk and a little bit of Brie just before bedtime but in the last 3 weeks my morning weekly average is down from 10.4 to 8.1 which is a 25% reduction that I am very pleased with. Total weight loss in 3 weeks is 7 lb 14oz so only another few stone to lose. LoL! Now in the stage of missing meals as I still feel full. A few walnuts /Brazil's keeps the full feeling with a glass of water or tea/coffee.
Wonderful.. Excellent work. :)

Reactions: Bigman49

Knighthawk22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ahaha !!!
Knight hawk, such low numbers from you every morning. What is your secret and are you on medication or just diet and exercise. Keep up the good work and inspire all of us.
Hi @Keesha Have been on metformin and gliclazide but after review yesterday metformin reduced and gliclazide stopped, I also follow LCHF diet but try to go to the gym or for a walk/ bike ride after me evening meal most nights

Reactions: Prem51

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Keesha Have been on metformin and gliclazide but after review yesterday metformin reduced and gliclazide stopped, I also follow LCHF diet but try to go to the gym or for a walk/ bike ride after me evening meal most nights

Thank you Knighthawk. Just so you know, you are inspiration to me and others who are struggling to keep our blood glucose low.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You deserve your good numbers, you work hard at it. Keep it up honey:)