Unsure if I took my Lantus insulin yesterday

ambe7

I feel really silly as yesterday for the first time in almost 10 years I cannot remember if I took my Lantus insulin. I normally take it same time every day and tick my chart when I have taken it however living in a busy household I got distracted and am not sure if I took it or not. My glucose readings appeared stable last night however they were higher than normal this morning. Should I take it earlier in the day today to compensate? Has anyone else had this happen? thank you

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I think this is something that has happened to most of us at some time. You can get through the day by taking extra short-acting insulin,( the one you take for meals, also known as bolus). You need to check your blood test levels more than usual, as you can't tell how much they will rise in a situation you have not previously experienced, ie having no basal on board. I wouldn't take your next lot of Lantus early, as this may just interfere with your levels the following day.

Forgot to say, welcome !

Last edited:

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’ve done this loads of times I’ve just test bs and adjust using fast acting , if it was only a couple of hours I just took it late . I changed my pen to the ones with a time display on the top so if you’re not sure just check top of the pen and the indicator gives yo an indication of how many hours ago you took your last dose

ambe7

Yes, I think this is something that has happened to most of us at some time. You can get through the day by taking extra short-acting insulin,( the one you take for meals, also known as bolus). You need to check your blood test levels more than usual, as you can't tell how much they will rise in a situation you have not previously experienced, ie having no basal on board. I wouldn't take your next lot of Lantus early, as this may just interfere with your levels the following day.

Forgot to say, welcome !
Thank you