.Wallets For Victoza

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I asked at the chemist about a pouch to keep my victoza cool but they could not offer one, however I was in boots one day and saw a NO7 make-up tin which is perfect for not only holding my Victoza but keeping the needles and sterile wipes all in one box, because it is tin it seems to keep the Victoza cool. I did see on here a couple of weeks ago someone saying they had a pouch you can buy that contains cooling crystals, but that was for insulin.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Robbie34 said:
I am starting Victoza tomorrow and was wondering what others use to keep their pens cool.

Robbie.

Are we talking about just in normal temperatures.........???

Before opening:
Store in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C). Do not freeze. Keep away from the freezer compartment.

During use:
You can keep the pen for 1 month when stored at a temperature below 30°C or in a refrigerator
(2°C - 8°C), away from the freezer compartment. Do not freeze.

Therefore it just needs keeping between 2 deg C and 30 deg C in normal use. This means that you can put it back in the fridge if the temp gets too high in normal use. I do this quite often with my Byetta Pen when the temp in my flat gets too high. Just take the pen out about an hour before injecting to let it get back to room temperature. That stops it stinging when injected.

If you want to keep ANY medication that you inject cool in hot climates, Insulin, Byetta, Victoza you can do no better than get yourself along to the Frio website here in the UK.

There are various other options if you just want to store the pens. Anything that is suitable for an Insulin Pen is fine for other injector pens. They all need the same type of storage capabilities, temp etc.

Here is the link: http://www.friouk.com/

Hope that helps. :D

Ken