Well done and thank you Abbott!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I applied this Libre sensor on Friday and it bled. At lot!

I activated it Saturday night, and it saw me round my 10k race yesterday. It was fine.

And this morning...... well, look!

image.jpeg

I've just been on the phone to Abbott customer services (for the first time ever, in a the year and a quarter I've had the Libre), answered all their questions, told them what had happened, and they're sending me a new sensor today.

It was an absolutely excellent customer services experience. As a heads-up, the guy I spoke to (Martin) recommended that any problems be reported immediately, rather than waiting at all, as that in his experience results in 'a better outcome' for the customer.

:)

joanne75

Hi Snapsy how do you find the Libre I am doing a trial tomorrow and am hoping it works for me and help me with my control
Thanks

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @joanne75 - I find it's absolutely amazing!

I started using it early last year, having been on the waiting list to buy one for MONTHS! In that time I read all 200+ pages of the epic thread 'Freestyle Libre on sale!' here on this forum to find out absolutely everything I could about it! Have a read of all the Libre threads - they're really really useful.

I find the graph the most useful thing, the trend arrow the second-most useful, with the actual number itself being third on my 'importance' list. My reader reads high (apart from this morning - LOL!) but because I use it to recognise patterns rather than a snapshot number, the 'line' is more important to me.

It's an addictive and remarkable piece of kit. I couldn't be without it.

joanne75

Hi @joanne75 - I find it's absolutely amazing!

I started using it early last year, having been on the waiting list to buy one for MONTHS! In that time I read all 200+ pages of the epic thread 'Freestyle Libre on sale!' here on this forum to find out absolutely everything I could about it! Have a read of all the Libre threads - they're really really useful.

I find the graph the most useful thing, the trend arrow the second-most useful, with the actual number itself being third on my 'importance' list. My reader reads high (apart from this morning - LOL!) but because I use it to recognise patterns rather than a snapshot number, the 'line' is more important to me.

It's an addictive and remarkable piece of kit. I couldn't be without it.

Thank you I am trying to get through the threads on here before tomorrow :) am I right in thinking that the arrow tells you if you sugars are rising or falling? how accurate is that? also I swim a lot so am hoping it will be ok?

Reactions: Snapsy

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Yes i agree snapsy i my self have had meters etc not pumps from Abbott and i found there customer care excellent glad you got sorted hope all goes well good luck

Reactions: sadsocks and Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you I am trying to get through the threads on here before tomorrow :) am I right in thinking that the arrow tells you if you sugars are rising or falling? how accurate is that? also I swim a lot so am hoping it will be ok?

The trend arrow is useful, but doesn't always show, in my experience.

When the trend arrow is pointing either vertically upwards or vertically downwards that generally means I do a fingerprick test and head off whatever's about to go wrong - the diagonal arrows show a less dramatic change in blood sugar - but they're pretty good, I'd say.

I swim 2-3 times a week at the moment (and until recently it was 4-5 times) and it survives 20-odd minutes in the pool plus 5 mins in the jacuzzi plus 10 mins in the steam room and then a shower. Never had one fail (until this morning, and actually I haven't swum since Thursday) or fall off.

I tend to scan the sensor a LOT and see how things are going mostly from the graph.
I was desperate to get one of these. I didn't have a trial or anything - so I'd wondered if I was being daft by spending a lot of money on something I'd never tried out and which might not earn its keep. But it's made my control so much better than before, so for me it was and is worth it.

Mind you, I hate it when that line's not straight......
;)

joanne75

Hi @Snapsy did my trial today and got my sensor, so far so good cant wait to see how it works in the next couple of weeks, any other useful tips you might have? thanks

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Replacement sensor has arrived - thanks, Abbott! Just posted this double biohazard back to the mothership!

#cantbetoocareful

image.jpeg

Reactions: Gaz-M