What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lee Miller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Grant - welcome to the forum :) What a good idea for a thread. When I read this I had already had my first morning cup of coffee about 10-15 mins before but tested anyway and got 6.4. Last true fasting test was 5.9 so the coffee didn't make much difference (and no sugar anyway!). I usually get fasting tests in the 5s which is where I like them. Perhaps checking in here with my levels will help me remember to do the early morning test :)
Cruelty towards animals..Way to go...x

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from California!
Saturday morning 4.27 Lot of the time I eat just about the same thing, with little change. I know it can be attempting to eat different food. As long as it’s freshly made I can eat. Seeing low numbers makes my day. Have a nice day everyone!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Afternoon everyone..., My breakfast is Porriage, Flax seeds & Chia seeds with water in the fridge over night with a squirt of skinny syrups.
added berries.......Delicious.
Morning @Lee Miller and welcome to the forum. We're pleased you could join us.
This thread is for your fasting blood glucose [FBG] readings when you wake up first thing in the morning.

For daily food intake, there's a lovely community here:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...y-low-carb-forum.75781/page-3111#post-2694708

Once again, welcome.

• Hug
Reactions: MissMuffett

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.9 this morning on the Libre. Been saving on the meter prick sticks this week. On the Libre I’ve been around 6.0 upon waking, then it quick rises even without food to around 7.4. Interesting data, though not a lot I can do about it!

Hopefully the rain will stay off for today, still blooming cold for last week of April. Have a good day folks.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.9 this morning on the Libre. On the Libre I’ve been around 6.0 upon waking, then it quick rises even without food to around 7.4.
Morning @Ladynijo.

Most of us on this FBG thread (and the parallel thread for type 2s) test as soon as we wake first thing in the morning. BG readings rise once we get out of bed and start to move around. That's normal and to be expected.

A modest snack, say 3-4 almonds or hazelnuts, should halt the rise without spoiling your appetite for breakfast.

Reactions: Omar51