what was your last hba1c

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Latest (11/11/10) was 5.7 which I was very pleased with.
This seemed to freak the Dr at the hospital out though and she seems convinced that I am suffering hypos all the time which is a load of rubbish.

Was trotted in from of a couple of DSNs and they took one look at my logs and declared I was doing a great job and there was nothing they could possibly tell me to do any better.

Dr's can be such a panicky lot sometimes.. bless em :)

TheSparkyPony

I think mine might be the highest one here by a huge margin..... :oops:

*Whispers* 14.4% :shock: :shock: :shock:

It gets worse when I admit it was over 15% in August, so I am getting there and it is starting to come down. Also to bear in mind I've had 5 DKAs this year (4 out of 5 illness related!)

I'll go and sit in the naughty corner now :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
TheSparkyPony said:

It gets worse when I admit it was over 15% in August, so I am getting there and it is starting to come down. Also to bear in mind I've had 5 DKAs this year (4 out of 5 illness related!)

SP.
At least you have 'owned up'........I am sure there are others :wink: No matter, keep working away and get the numbers down. Keep reading here and you will get there.. :D

Well done so far........little steps......

TheSparkyPony

cugila said:
TheSparkyPony said:

SP.
At least you have 'owned up'........I am sure there are others :wink: No matter, keep working away and get the numbers down. Keep reading here and you will get there.. :D

Well done so far........little steps......

*Wipes brow*
I thought I was in for a telling off and a quick shove off the board for that grand confession! :lol:
It has helped tremendously being on this forum though, I can ask all the stupid questions on here and can relate to other people which in turn make me feel that little bit more normal :)

My previous HBA1C's have been as low as 5.5%, so I know it's capable, like you say Cugila, little steps! x

jameshallam

A breakdown of my logs over the last 3 months (ish)

Blood Glucose Range Count Percentage
0 3.9 29 4.68%
4 6.9 271 43.78%
7 11.9 278 44.91%
12 20 45 7.27%

This gave me a hba1c of 6.6

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
A bit confusing, James. :?

If you put dots between the figures it spaces them out better.

jameshallam

sorry, it didn't appear like that in the box!!

BG Range --- %
0 - 3.9 ------- 5%
4 - 6.9 ------- 44%
7 - 11.9 ------ 45%
12 - 20 ------ 7.27%

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
James.
Please tell me you don't have Bg levels ranging from 12 - 20....... :? That's very high ?

jameshallam

I generalised a bit, here's a split of above 12:
I just put in a large number (20), which I haven't been over since diagnosis.

12 -12.9 -------- 2.26%
13 -13.9--------2.42%
14 - 14.9 -------1.13%
15 - 20 ---------1.45% (equates to 9 readings above 15)

Which are:

They were when I was ill or on a night out after a few jegarbombs, or after a pizza...

I don't think they are particularly bad results (over three months). But I can obviously improve this... Just need to balance my diabetes with the rest of my life; enjoying what I like to do and eat.

If I lived in a box and didn't do anything and ate zero carbs I'm sure I could get 99% of readings within 4-7, but I prefer not to - just a personal life choice.

(edit: typo)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Thanks for that James.
We were both a bit puzzled with the first post, then the second made us wince ! Now you have explained it - it all makes perfect sense. :)

We notice you are still honeymooning so I suppose a bit of leeway is acceptable. We certainly know what you mean about living........ :D

Good stuff.......thanks again from us both. 8)