When should I expect lower figures

Gingerchap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started insulin injections at the start of the year. Started on 8 units in the morning and 6 in the evening. I’ve had four reviews and each time the insulin has been increased. Last increase was 18 and 16 and told I can increase it myself if I think I need to after four days. But I’m still getting readings in the 14’s and 15’s in the morning and 16’s and 17’s in the evening. Last call it was even mentioned about a possible third injection in the day.

Is 18 and 16 high ? I know it’s relative to me but I wondered if these were average dosages.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I started insulin injections at the start of the year. Started on 8 units in the morning and 6 in the evening. I’ve had four reviews and each time the insulin has been increased. Last increase was 18 and 16 and told I can increase it myself if I think I need to after four days. But I’m still getting readings in the 14’s and 15’s in the morning and 16’s and 17’s in the evening. Last call it was even mentioned about a possible third injection in the day.

Is 18 and 16 high ? I know it’s relative to me but I wondered if these were average dosages.
People are very different in the amount of insulin they need, and the right amount is whatever it takes to keep your BG at healthy levels.
Some people only need 10 units a day, others need a couple of hundred. Either is fine if it works.

I use a total of about 130 units a day, works very well for me. :)

Reactions: Gingerchap