Why cant we?

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
Why cant we bolus 2 hours after a bolus?
What if we, like I have to do, sometimes eat 2 hours later again, bolus for those carbs?
How can there automatically be a hypo when the carbs were eaten for both boluses?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You can, I bolus when I have carbs, would be silly not too (no matter how long it is since I last ate)

I think the point why people suggest 4 hours is because then you don't have to take into consideration how much insulin you still have on board if considering corrections for blood sugar, but then that's assuming you're not actually having anymore carbs within that time frame

Last edited:

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
What is stacking the insulin?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is stacking the insulin?
Injecting on top of what is already bolused or corrected for. In the window of it’s active “lifespan?” Which can be a bit of a “wild card” with the insulin working profile? Possibly leading to lows..

• Agree
Reactions: Marts59 and JAT1

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
To be honest whose to say what I canny do , if I decide to do something I do it , whether I do it again depends on the success or failure of my “ experiment “ for want of a better word , yes there are certain “ rules” but at the end of the day I do what works for me after all there isn’t 1 rule fits all , I suppose placement area of Libre sensor is an example , they do work just as well when put elsewhere than back of upper arm , as long as bs is within range do what works for you