Why has my reading gone up?

jomar_uk

I’ve been really careful last few weeks and my readings are between 4.6 and 8.2

Tonight I took a pre meal reading of 6.7 but 2 hours later it was 10.2

I had 2 small kippers with a dab of butter on each and one of me ensure plus drinks.

First time I tried kippers as read it was good for diabetes clue’s & alternative foods for dinner appreciated. (I have enough salmon Ty :)

Kind regards JoMar

Ps oh & my reading in waking up today was 5.7

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
No carbs in kippers, they are a perfect meal,the butter is not going to be a problem, how many carbs in your ensure plus drink?
My money would be on the drink as the culprit or maybe a dodgy test strip, did you do a second test to confirm that high 2hr one?

jomar_uk

No carbs in kippers, they are a perfect meal,the butter is not going to be a problem, how many carbs in your ensure plus drink?
My money would be on the drink as the culprit or maybe a dodgy test strip, did you do a second test to confirm that high 2hr one?

It is the drinks they are 20.20 carbs a bottle and I have to have 5 a day. I think I’ve “doubled up” twice and possibly got out of sync.

Good news as I love kippers :)

Thank you so much for your helpful response.

Kind regards JoMar

Yes, 2nd test high so agree with you. I’ll have to ensure adequate spacing between drinks as not taking then is not an option I’m afraid.

Reactions: catinahat