Will meds counteract my attempt to lose weight...

MightyMacs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...having just watched the video about leptin and how pumping insulin into my body affects it's ability to tell my brain I've had enough...has anyone found that weight loss is much more difficult on medication ? x

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know anything about Leptin or insulin as I am only on Metformin (Type 2). My doctor said that on Metformin, "I can't say that it will help you lose weight, but you won't gain weight on it, either." The reality is that I've lost 15lbs in 7 weeks. However, not sure if that was the Metformin, the low-carbing, the fact that I barely left the bathroom for nearly 2 months - or all three put together. :)

Reactions: 3 people

MightyMacs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...sounds like I'm in for the same experience :) I am going for a low carb high fat diet...and feeling very positive all round :) I hope you're feeling fitter & healthier after your weight loss x

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I don't know anything about Leptin or insulin as I am only on Metformin (Type 2). My doctor said that on Metformin, "I can't say that it will help you lose weight, but you won't gain weight on it, either." The reality is that I've lost 15lbs in 7 weeks. However, not sure if that was the Metformin, the low-carbing, the fact that I barely left the bathroom for nearly 2 months - or all three put together. :)
I bet it was the low carb.