Worried new symptom

Jax33

Hi, I'm totally new to the board but have had a few problems over the past year or so, my diabetes has on the whole been pretty good, not great but......

My husband was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma ( high grade 5 years ago) he came through this very well and was in remission until April '12 this time he needed a stem cell transplant. My sons girlfriend was also involved in a situation where she lost her memory totally.

Long story short my diabetes days worsened and I've been seeing values of between 17 & 24 now on Januvia (sp) today for the first time I passed out lucidly in the house and nothing more damaged the a lump the size an egg on the back of my head and a bruised back , hip and rear end.

Sorry so long and rambling but any advice would be gratefully received.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The best thing I can suggest is that you make an appointment to see your doctor or Diabetes nurse as soon as possible to discuss this with them. Passing out is not good.

best wishes.

josielou

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It sounds like the stess is getting to you!! Take yourself to the hospital and get your head checked out to make sure its not concussion!! Did you get any low signs before you passed out? If you cant remember, then it may be because you were low. Talk to your diabetes nurse and talk through your worries about the stress and any signs/no signs. They are there to help at the end of the day

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Jax33 said:
Hi, I'm totally new to the board but have had a few problems over the past year or so, my diabetes has on the whole been pretty good, not great but......

My husband was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma ( high grade 5 years ago) he came through this very well and was in remission until April '12 this time he needed a stem cell transplant. My sons girlfriend was also involved in a situation where she lost her memory totally.

Long story short my diabetes days worsened and I've been seeing values of between 17 & 24 now on Januvia (sp) today for the first time I passed out lucidly in the house and nothing more damaged the a lump the size an egg on the back of my head and a bruised back , hip and rear end.

Sorry so long and rambling but any advice would be gratefully received.

I really would go to the hospital as you may have damaged your coxyx and this can spiral into allsorts of problems.
Good luck.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app