Type 2 worried

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi can someone please help me I have just been sent home from work as my blood sugar went down to 4.1 because I went hot sweaty and felt awful that was 3 hrs after eating some fruit and 5 hrs after eating breakfast of porridge and coffee level 2 hrs after breakfast was 7.6 im on 40mg gliclazide twice a day. I have a pounding head couldn't remember names of people I work with every day it really did scare me I had a tuna sandwich before I left work and checked sugar when I got home and it had come up to 6.1 I have a drs appointment this afternoon to talk things through as this is the second episode of my sugars in the 4 in about 2 weeks

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect it may be the Glic that caused the hypo symptoms. I had similar symptoms and having given me an HbA1c test my Gp took me off them as my changed LCHF diet had substantially reduced my BG levels

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whats the LCHF diet im due to have a HbA1c test next week but I have a feeling they might have to bring it forward

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I agree it's likely to be the Gliclazide and it may be you can come off them or only have one a day after discussion with the GP. If you are overweight then go for the right low-carb'ish diet rather than pills at this stage (but do discuss with the GP). If you are normal weight you may need the Gliclazide more in the future if your diabetes progresses