Yet another newbie

traceyH

Hi, have been reading this site for quite a while, Type 2 since April 2007. Long family history of diabetes and poor diet choices have brought me here.. I am on my first month of Byetta as my readings were well over 12, and the metformin wasnt helping much. (and my diet was not helping much either) Wasnt very happy about the injections, im not scared of needles but I get scared when I used the finger tester. The only side effect I have at the moment is heartburn, so if anybody else is on Byetta, what other things are coming my way? Im only on the 5mg dose at the mo, but im going to the hospital on Monday to get another prescription so I dont know if will change or not. I would be very interested to hear from anybody who has used Byetta for some time, as the side effect I am looking forward to is the weight loss, as I dont think ive lost anything yet!!

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Tracey,
Welcome to the forum, I can't answer your question re Byetta but there is a thread that covers the topic if you post there I'm sure you will get a reponse.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=692

Regards
Graham

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Tracey and welcome to the forum.

There's a lot of information on Byetta here (Graham has given you the link to it) and, although it will take you quite a while to wade through it, I think it will probably answer all your questions. But if there's anything you need to know than please ask.

You sound like you have been on Byetta for a couple of weeks and have missed the dreaded nausea feelings. So it appears that your body is tolerating Byetta well and it is now unlikely that you will suffer nausea , and that means a good chance are that you also won't suffer it when you move up to the stronger dose.

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Hey tracey. you listen good to Dennis and his mate caligula. they're the byetta peeps around here.
Welcome from me. Im a bit of a loner but I know when you are getting good advice and Dennis is your man today.

D.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and a warm welcome to the forum :D

traceyH

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I will take a look at the thread, thanks, and im so glad I missed out on the nausea. Have you any advice on the Heatburn? :cry: