Ypsomed Pump - Anyone using this?

EdTedworth

I'm currently on the Insight pump and I'll soon be due a new one. I have an inkling as to what pumps my hospital are going to offer me, but was wondering if anyone uses the Ypsomed Pump and what your experience of it is? I think it looks like it would be great for me from what I've read.

Many thanks,

Reactions: Picci

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi,
I've been using the ypsopump for a couple of months now, unfortunately I came from MDI's to the pump, so I have no reference to compare.
From a perspective of using only the ypsopump, I have been really impressed by the customer service.
The pump itself is easy to navigate, and the app is nice to control the pump also.
My current favorite parts are the bolus calculator within the app, and I've been having great results using the combination delivery for bolusing, and using the percentage adjustment for my basal.

The leatherette pouch is nice and robust with a strong belt clip, the neoprene cover is okay, but I find the rotating belt clip pings off really easily. (That may just be me!)

I've been using the 110cm tubes, it gives me more flexibility when wearing my overalls and harness for work.

There is an Ypsopump explorer that can be downloaded from www.mylife-diabetescare.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Picci

EdTedworth

Thanks chrisbug. What is your experience of the cannulas? They rotate don't they? Do they stay stuck on for 2-3 days? I'll take a look at the Ypsopump explorer, thanks.

I currently use 100cm tubing, so the 110 might be OK. The pump I'm currently on has a bolus calculator on the handset, which is so slow, I've been calculating it manually for the last few years. having one in the app that works with the pump would be fantastic.

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi,
I've had a couple of failures with the cannulas, I've been using the 6mm soft cannula, and I've had them come unstuck, so I've started using skin tac which has held them well. I've also 2 of them not insert at 90°, and that was probably more user error, but I'm learning.
The rotating infusion set works well, and they come in 45cm, 60cm, 80cm, and 110cm. (I realise I put 110mm previously which would make it a bit tight!)

With the bolus calculator, once set up with ratio's does have the danger of taking away the thought process, and should I have to return to MDI for a period would cause a bit of head scratching, I've written my ratio's on stickers stuck to my pens. But I've taken full advantage of that function.

Oh, and I like the fact that I don't have to rely on finding a USB to charge it, just sling a new AAA battery in!
And I was told they have been made future proof with the technology.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Im not a Ypso user, its worth asking if they will also fund the CamAPS FX looping software together with CGM (Dexcom G6) that this pump supports. Looping is definitely the way forwards.

Reactions: EdTedworth

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm currently on the Insight pump and I'll soon be due a new one. I have an inkling as to what pumps my hospital are going to offer me, but was wondering if anyone uses the Ypsomed Pump and what your experience of it is? I think it looks like it would be great for me from what I've read.

Many thanks,

Lovely to meet another Ypsomed user, I have received my pump and consumables and I’m just waiting to be trained to use it.
I’ve been on the Insight pump for the past 5 years so I’m excited to upgrade.
There are very few Ypsomed users here, I’m in a Facebook group though.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lovely to meet another Ypsomed user. I’ve received my pump and consumables, I’m just waiting for training.
I’ve been an insight user for 5 years and I’m looking forward to the upgrade.