• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Carer..... for 43 years!

I think we all learn best from experience in our own life and those of others
 

@patc47 ....just to say hello and that there are a number of partners of diabetics here on the forum too....my partner has Type 2 for about 15 to 20 years but we have only been together for the last 5 so nowhere near your 43.....

Have noticed there have been a number of replies on here that seem to question the definition of 'carer' and I guess everyone has their own defintion of what a carer is.....in my case I would say that I care about my partner and what happens to him with his diabetes but am not yet a carer in the medical sense of the word....though my GP tells me that one day I will be...

@patc47....am happy to talk and lend a friendly ear if you need one though I so far have no practical experience of being a partner dealing with the after effects of hypos as you describe as my partner seems to insist on running at higher levels...

@Jaylee ...thanks for thinking of me....
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn More.…