Hi jojo, my partner is type 2 and he does lchf with me. We used his blood sugar meter to work out what he can eat or not. It's down to the individual how many carbs. We are typically on less than 50g a day.
hi thanks for that. ...can you plse tell me what constitutes 50g per day carbs ....ie 1 slice bread 2 potatoes for example ....his readings are between 5 and 8 been around the 6 mark all weekend. ...so well pleased with that ...
Hi jojo broadie, try using the my fitness pal app, it works out all foods entered and gives a breakdown of constituents,carbs/ proteins/fats/ cals, just set your personal details ,its a good way to see exactly how many carbs cals are recommended, then you can adjust what you want,clive
Our carbs come from leafy greens, cauliflower, courgettes, salad stuff. We don't eat bread, pasta, rice, cereal or root vegetables.
We gave found Livelife bread on Amazon which has 4g carbs per slice so the freezer is full. http://www.xperthealth.org.uk/shop/details/p/handbook-lowcarb-highfat-lifestyle
We use this book.
I think I'm in ketosis? I've been having minimal carbs for around 3 weeks now and my bloods are generally between 4-6.5. They were in the teens when I was diagnosed just after Christmas. I've dropped 6lb and feel lots more energetic. I had one tiny oatcake before my workout last week and two hours after my bloods were the same so I think that's the way to go for me