Hi @Great-things you have had a hard time and you need time to heal.
"End of your life" noooo way. This is the first day of your new life. A life where you don't eat as much ****, bread , pasta , , potatoes or rice. A life where you look at food labels and come to a decision about making changes and finding better nicer food , food that doesn't make you feel rotten an hour or two after you eat it.
Its a life where you could try and do some activity for 30 minutes a day , most days. Activity that you enjoy (no I don't mean a lycra clad gym).Go for a nice walk, put more effort into doing your housework, buy an exercise bike, swim ...even dancing around your bedroom in your nightie ( that one is popular with a lot of folk lol).
I was diagnosed 18 month ago , just diet controlled. Ive lost 2 stone, watch my carb intake and do 40 minutes activity every day in life.
Its my challenge. I feel fantastic. I am well , I can now cheat a little bit.
End of your life , nooo way , its only just beginning.
Read through these threads , they are full of loads of advice and more importantly are full of the most supportive people who have been where you are right now.