Hello all. I have been diagnosed type 2. And am trying to learn about it all. My main worry is my levels are between 5.5 and 8.0 mmol before meals but can go up to 13mmol 2 hours after eating although it is rare but normally between 8.2 and 10. Mmol after eating. I do take metformin 3 a day. So my question is does these levels sound ok? As I have been terrified they are to high. I thought the metformin would bring me down to normal levels. Also what level s of carbs should I be looking for on packaging ? Also on a off note how do I get my questions on the forum for others to see unsure if I have done this right
My hba1c is 57 I m still learning the what to eat thing trying to do low carbs but still eating bead and potatoes my nurse said they are fine I'm not so sure. I'm very overweight lets just say that and until lately my exercise was little to none. I'm am now cycling for 20 mins trying to build it up.No, those numbers are a little too high, but I should add I've seen a LOT worse. Metformin has some impact but not as much as many think and they certainly will not bring you down to normal levels purely on their own.
So, questions
What was / is your Hba1c? What is your diet (complete breakdown)? What is your BMI? Exercise regime?
Mike
This is a lifestyle caused disease and you can change your lifestyle and beat this thing!
Thank you all for your comments they have been very educating. Today my bloods have remained below 6 all day even 1 hrs after eating my fave scrambled egg and bacon for lunch. I would like to add as one person kindly said and that is my great grandmother my grandmother and my father were all type 1 but diagnosed later in life. So I think it was only a matter off time I just sped it up a bit with bad lifestyle choices.
Thank you all for your comments they have been very educating. Today my bloods have remained below 6 all day even 1 hrs after eating my fave scrambled egg and bacon for lunch. I would like to add as one person kindly said and that is my great grandmother my grandmother and my father were all type 1 but diagnosed later in life. So I think it was only a matter off time I just sped it up a bit with bad lifestyle choices.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?