DapherCake
Member
- Messages
- 8
- Type of diabetes
- Type 1
Hi DapherCakeIve had the omnipod 5 since early December and ive been on automated mode.
I spike so high every day 2/3 hours after eating every single day and im tired of it.
Im told to just leave it and let the pump so its thing bit im spiking from 11-23 every single day. Like clockwork 2 hours after eating.
Ive put my carb ratios up but now im having hypos half an hour after eating and still spiking 2 hours after.
Ive upped my Basal but it does nothings as its automated.
Im on fiasp and wait 5-10mins before eating.
My hospital doesnt do the extended bolus thing on the pump. They just said they dont do that part of it and never taught me how to use it. So its not turned on.
I dont know what to do. Im so tired of spiking every day.
Try a bit longer pre bolus. I usually do 10 to 15 mins. But if I were having your reaction I might try more. But thing to do is not to do it suddenly. Like I allowed 12mins today. It wasn't enough so will do 14 tomorrow. When I am high, I often do indoor exercise, like up and down stairs a lot or just stand still and crouch down then up. Also wave arms around.Ive had the omnipod 5 since early December and ive been on automated mode.
I spike so high every day 2/3 hours after eating every single day and im tired of it.
Im told to just leave it and let the pump so its thing bit im spiking from 11-23 every single day. Like clockwork 2 hours after eating.
Ive put my carb ratios up but now im having hypos half an hour after eating and still spiking 2 hours after.
Ive upped my Basal but it does nothings as its automated.
Im on fiasp and wait 5-10mins before eating.
My hospital doesnt do the extended bolus thing on the pump. They just said they dont do that part of it and never taught me how to use it. So its not turned on.
I dont know what to do. Im so tired of spiking every day.
I feel very low at the moment as I am also on omni 5. All I can say is the ladies at omni order dept are very goodIve had the omnipod 5 since early December and ive been on automated mode.
I spike so high every day 2/3 hours after eating every single day and im tired of it.
Im told to just leave it and let the pump so its thing bit im spiking from 11-23 every single day. Like clockwork 2 hours after eating.
Ive put my carb ratios up but now im having hypos half an hour after eating and still spiking 2 hours after.
Ive upped my Basal but it does nothings as its automated.
Im on fiasp and wait 5-10mins before eating.
My hospital doesnt do the extended bolus thing on the pump. They just said they dont do that part of it and never taught me how to use it. So its not turned on.
I dont know what to do. Im so tired of spiking every day.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?