Hi
@bookworm01
I am very sorry that you have had such a terrible experience, and I very much hope that you are on the mend.
I’m a bit wary of commenting further, purely because you haven’t included much info.
I’ve had a read of your previous posts, and see that you were originally being investigated for type 1/LADA, but since then you have been posting on the reactive hypoglycaemia section of the forum.
So does that mean the T1/LADA tests were negative?
And do you have a proper diagnosis of RH?
Also, if you are/were in hospital on a drip, for gut dysmobilty, what other treatment are you receiving?
Is the hospital familiar with treating RH?
All of these things are very important, and will profoundly affect what answers you get here on the forum.
So without all of the info above, all I feel able to offer is my own personal experiences of RH hypos.
However, please remember that my experiences do not include hospitalisation and being on a glucose drip!
(It is actually a concern of mine that one day I will find myself hospitalised and unable to refuse a glucose drip. It is such a concern that I wear a Medicalert bracelet that says ‘reactive hypoglycaemic DO NOT treat hypos with glucose drip)
So, my hypo experiences:
As an RHer for many years, I have had quite a few hypos, of varying severity, and in various circumstances.
The worst of them have involved shaking/trembling, lost words, rage, a tendency to violence, black depression, a sense of hopeless bitterness, and falling asleep/losing consciousness. Not all at once, I am glad to say.
The 3-4 days following bad hypos include volatile blood glucose fluctuations, physical aches, fatigue, apathy, more depression.
The symptoms gradually ease over time.
Then, one morning, usually the third morning, i wake up feeling normal again.
I can speed up the recovery period by carefully avoiding all carbs, even fruit and veg, and eating meat, preferably fatty meat like belly pork.
If you are being fed on typical hospital food, then I would expect a slower recovery because of the carb content.
I really hope that helps, and please come back and post how things are going.