Ushthetaff
Well-Known Member
- Messages
- 1,226
- Location
- Scotland
- Type of diabetes
- Type 1
- Treatment type
- Insulin
- Dislikes
- Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
It's strange to think we wouldn't be here but for those. At the time I would never have guessed what improvements were to follow relatively quickly. Apologies to those who have already seen this, but it does show changes between 1959 and 1979:I know as we get older we tend to reminisce , will I thought I share my latest reminiscence ( didn’t even know if that was a word thank god for spell check) here’s a pic of the “ luxuries”we had back then. I’m sure there are many who remember these and I apologise for probably repeating but it’s a good comparison to what we have today and btw the needles were changed when blunt…. How did we survive
Yes I can remember that injectagun , boy the bruises I got from that ,it was something like you would see a vet using on a bull .I have just passed 50 years a type 1.
I remember the injectagun where you placed the syringe on the top of the gun and press the trigger and the **** thing shot into my leg.
You just wouldn't get away with it today as it was torture!!!
I'm well known these days for banging on about 4mm needles and i still appreciate them due to the 8mm (?) back in 1975.
Great post
Tony
Yep. I remember..
It will be 50 years ago for me, come the summer..
"Excuse me, is there a rat trap under the table?"Not the sort of thing you could use under the restaurant table , boy how things have changed , thanks for the memory it did make my heart beat quicker ,
I think you might get arrested for having something like that in public nowadays ! I only used mine twice a day thankfully , when I woke up and when I got home from work in the evening ."Excuse me, is there a rat trap under the table?"
Was it only 8mm ? I seem to remember using maybe 12mm , I've probably got that wrong .I have just passed 50 years a type 1.
I remember the injectagun where you placed the syringe on the top of the gun and press the trigger and the **** thing shot into my leg.
You just wouldn't get away with it today as it was torture!!!
I'm well known these days for banging on about 4mm needles and i still appreciate them due to the 8mm (?) back in 1975.
Great post
Tony
Wow do u think that was meant to be youI remember too. Fast approaching 60 years with T1.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?