Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 5.4 it was 11.2 after a dumpling for dinner. Well it was a large one. Ooops! Breakfast out but still full of head cold. Probablies wont be able to taste it like the dumpling but it was steaming hot. Beef curry might be on the cards.

Reactions: 26 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.5 this morning.... much better but not done nothing different ...I just shake my head at diabetes and hope the levels stay down :lock::singing::woot:

Reactions: 30 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@mo53

Thank you

My meter gives me an average for last 7, 14, 30 and 90 days and readings have dropped from 25.7 (90 days) 16.2 (30 days) 13.4 (14 days) and 12.3 (7 days)

With some fasting readings in single figures I seem to be making progress
@Cumberland you're doing brilliantly at knocking these higher levels down.
Once again. Whatever your doing keep doing it. :)

Reactions: 20 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Despite walking 8000 steps yesterday I was 7.6 this morning!

Reactions: 26 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all 6.9 this morning before breakfast, going to see the diabetic nurse this morning first appointment with her since I was diagnosed in early Jan 2016 this year. The first time I saw her was on the 5th Jan this year, she did my BG reading and it was 18.8 so she will be as surprised as me, but guess what I would never achieved this reading if it was not for this Diabetic UK website you have all been fantastic with your own knowledge passed on to all of us. Thank :):):) you everyone.

Reactions: 24 people