Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

Lost the tiny piece of my specs that sits on your nose can't find it lol the metal stuff is digging into my nose

Trip to the opticians at weekend for repair work

Does anyone know the name of this small piece?
Nose pads - and you don't even need to go to the opticians, if it's a big hassle, as you can do it online (if you have a spare pair to use in the meantime):
http://www.nosepads.co.uk/

Reactions: 5 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
I hadmy o/p this afternoon, everything went well only oddity was my BG was taken few minutes after, I'd taken it my own meter showed 7.9 opposed to the hospital meter was 5.4.

Everything feels good, except the wounds are a bit sore, but feeling much happier than I thought I would, here's to a few days rest and 4-6 of taking it easy.
:)

Quick update before I settle down for the football, I had skip my meds this morning and
I had to have two slices of white toast after the o/p might explain I just did my bloods again at 8pm 17.8 whoops just taken a gilimipride hopefully that will balance things back out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Mine, (it would be a throat if it was someone else), I've stayed at the same weight for a few weeks and I'm getting ticked off with it.
Now nobody get offended please, I usually say that the only way I'll lose weight is to have a leg amputated, but I didn't quite know how that would go down on here, simply because of the terrible complications other precious deebees have.

Just had bacon & sausage for my tea.
With the strength of humour on this and several other threads I know I'm sure you won't have offended anyone

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Stallen - That's good to know all went well. And now you just concentrate on getting yourself back on your feet. Thanks for letting us know you are OK :). Sending Get Well Wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
@Stallen - That's good to know all went well. And now you just concentrate on getting yourself back on your feet. Thanks for letting us know you are OK :). Sending Get Well Wishes.
@liam1955 Thanks, I may be more active now I've had the o/p done, I had gotten a bit withdrawn hopefully I'll engage a bit more now.

Reactions: 5 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
With the strength of humour on this and several other threads I know I'm sure you won't have offended anyone
Having just had a couple of bits amputated this afternoon, I'm certainly not offended in anyway.:headphone:

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Here's to a speedy, pain free recovery
Thanks Sable_Jan

Tramadol, fentyl patch and injection, plus an ibrebrufen injection, excuse the spellings and almost forgot co-codomal they've taken the edge off the pain so far, and an ice bag has helped too:couchpotato:

Reactions: 2 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With those results you are clearly doing a great job:)

Looking forward to hearing your next A1C results:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 25g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

Thanks @KevinPotts. I have the test this Thursday then results the following Thursday. Aren't you due an HBA1C test shortly? Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: 3 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Thanks @KevinPotts. I have the test this Thursday then results the following Thursday. Aren't you due an HBA1C test shortly? Fingers crossed for you.

In the next 4 weeks or so:)

If I move to 42-48 I'll be pleased....

....Below 42 and I'll be dancing a jig:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the next 4 weeks or so:)

If I move to 42-48 I'll be pleased....

....Below 42 and I'll be dancing a jig:)

What was your original HbA1C? Im sure it will have dropped significantly as you are doing so well with your diet and your readings.

I think mine will be in the 45ish range, as I just can't get my morning readings to drop no matter what I do. My fbg is almost always over 7, sometimes over 8.

I tried to do a 24 hour fast in Monday but, with no food, my liver just pushed more and more glucose into my bloodstream. I didn't eat breakfast, but by 9am my bs reading was over 9, by mid morning it was over 10!!!! I baled out and ate lunch, which brought it down, but the readings for the rest of the day were higher than normal. Not sure I want to risk trying that again.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
What was your original HbA1C? Im sure it will have dropped significantly as you are doing so well with your diet and your readings.

I think mine will be in the 45ish range, as I just can't get my morning readings to drop no matter what I do. My fbg is almost always over 7, sometimes over 8.

I tried to do a 24 hour fast in Monday but, with no food, my liver just pushed more and more glucose into my bloodstream. I didn't eat breakfast, but by 9am my bs reading was over 9, by mid morning it was over 10!!!! I baled out and ate lunch, which brought it down, but the readings for the rest of the day were higher than normal. Not sure I want to risk trying that again.

I understand and I'm sure you did the right thing bringing your fast to a halt. My first A1C was 53....so..... Hopeful:)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@TooManyCrisps
I think different approaches work for different people. You have done really well with a great reduction from where you started. How are your readings before and after food? Sometimes that gives a better indication. For me normally my reading before evening meal is my lowest.

S

Sable_Jan

Hi does anyone know if black coffee has any effect on blood sugars. Thanks
Maybe not directly, no carbs BUT as hormones "sometimes" play a part the caffeine could "possibly" trigger an adrenaline boost which "might" have an impact if you are susceptible......
You could experiment with decaffeinated..... If you feel it IS having an impact

S

Sable_Jan

I'm on the DON'T DO IT side of the fasting argument as @Kevin Potts understands. It seems to work for him but his digestive system was not a happy bunny after his 4 day fast...Didn't cope at all well the first day of food with lots of stomach cramps