Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All. On Monday I had my routine 3 monthly bloods done to check on my Ferritin Levels for Aneamia. GP must have slipped in a HBA1C test, as I have just had a phone call from the Practise to say they have made me an appointment to see the Diabetic Nurse next week. I pointed out that I was only at the Hospital Diabetic Clinic last month, anyway Receptionist said my Blood Sugars are up and GP wants me to see Diabetic Nurse. = OK fine.
On Monday when I saw him (GP) about my fractured kneecap, he said I was not to worry about raised blood sugars, but to concentrate on this knee. I told him because of not being as mobile, I am not eating much only drinking fluids. And this morning weighed myself and I have not put on OR lost any weight.
But, the Hospital Diabetologist stopped the Dapagliflozin well over a month ago, because of the repeated Thrush and Burning Urine - and so perhaps my HBA1C has slightly risen?
Forgot to say, slept much better last night because I kept my leg rested and did my gentle exercises whilst watching football all day.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Morning All. On Monday I had my routine 3 monthly bloods done to check on my Ferritin Levels for Aneamia. GP must have slipped in a HBA1C test, as I have just had a phone call from the Practise to say they have made me an appointment to see the Diabetic Nurse next week. I pointed out that I was only at the Hospital Diabetic Clinic last month, anyway Receptionist said my Blood Sugars are up and GP wants me to see Diabetic Nurse. = OK fine.
On Monday when I saw him (GP) about my fractured kneecap, he said I was not to worry about raised blood sugars, but to concentrate on this knee. I told him because of not being as mobile, I am not eating much only drinking fluids. And this morning weighed myself and I have not put on OR lost any weight.
But, the Hospital Diabetologist stopped the Dapagliflozin well over a month ago, because of the repeated Thrush and Burning Urine - and so perhaps my HBA1C has slightly risen?
Forgot to say, slept much better last night because I kept my leg rested and did my gentle exercises whilst watching football all day.:)
Glad you had a better sleep Liam. Doesn't half make a difference to your day....

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
FBG 7.0 and pre dinner injection 5.2 mmol/l. Still got thrush. Watching Iceland vs Austria.;)

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@TooManyCrisps
I think different approaches work for different people. You have done really well with a great reduction from where you started. How are your readings before and after food? Sometimes that gives a better indication. For me normally my reading before evening meal is my lowest.
Hi @Hiitsme
yes, my evening readings before dinner are usually the lowest. So, this morning I was 7.5 on waking (fairly usual), 8.6 2 hours after breakfast (again, fairly standard). 6.3 just before lunch, 6.1 2 hours after lunch. 5.6 just now, and am about to eat dinner. After dinner it will probably rise to around 7 after 2 hours, and will stay there or a bit lower for the remainder of the evening. If i drink wine it tends to drop dramatically but I only do that on a Friday evening!

Thanks for your support. HBA1C test tomorrow morning, and results next week. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 6 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Hiitsme
yes, my evening readings before dinner are usually the lowest. So, this morning I was 7.5 on waking (fairly usual), 8.6 2 hours after breakfast (again, fairly standard). 6.3 just before lunch, 6.1 2 hours after lunch. 5.6 just now, and am about to eat dinner. After dinner it will probably rise to around 7 after 2 hours, and will stay there or a bit lower for the remainder of the evening. If i drink wine it tends to drop dramatically but I only do that on a Friday evening!

Thanks for your support. HBA1C test tomorrow morning, and results next week. Fingers crossed!

Best wishes for tomorrow and look forward to hearing results next week. Should be OK with those figures but probably not quite as low as you would like.

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

I'll bet your HbA1c has risen a little because of the pain you've been in.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a big bad roasting of my friend today cos Ive thrown all my cheese in the bin! I can't look at cheese now without seeing all those mites crawling around!

Reactions: 2 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Just let him know that everyone is thinking of you both and sending warm wishes his way. xx
I will do and even though he doesn't post much on here he still reads through here.

Reactions: 5 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
22.6.16 - off down to the doctors for HB1ac this morning, usual palaver trying to find a vein, other than that all good. Keeping up my exercise, I have a fitness tracker and its like a little sergeant major on my wrist, if I don't hit target I give myself a very stern talking-to. The good thing is that now the HB1ac has been done, I can take the extra medication suggested by the doctor. I have coped on just 100mg canagliflozin for about 2 weeks now, managed to keep my FBG in single figures to doing a lot of walking, digging and playing in my band.

Reactions: 4 people

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hello there and a very good morning to all my lovely friends on www.diabetes.co.uk,

I was very ill all of yesterday of attempting to cook some stale chips in the microwave the night before and eating a doner kebab as well sending my blood sugar up to a disturbing 25.6. All of yesterday I felt feverish, hot, achy, and with a pronounced pain in my kidneys which I can only assume was due to the excessive water I've been drinking recently. I did manage to go to the Bowel and Bladder Clinic yesterday about my urinary incontinence and facal impaction due to my idiopathic megarectum. Nurse Gill gave me a strip to wee over and that was OK, no glucose. She did a scan of my bladder and it determined a large residual of urine that wasn't draing properly. Nurse Gill also gave me a rectal examination that confirmed I was impacted. All these tests culminated in administration of various pelvic floor exercise I had to perform to stimulate my bowels and bladder.

Reactions: 3 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hello there and a very good morning to all my lovely friends on www.diabetes.co.uk,

I was very ill all of yesterday of attempting to cook some stale chips in the microwave the night before and eating a doner kebab as well sending my blood sugar up to a disturbing 25.6. All of yesterday I felt feverish, hot, achy, and with a pronounced pain in my kidneys which I can only assume was due to the excessive water I've been drinking recently. I did manage to go to the Bowel and Bladder Clinic yesterday about my urinary incontinence and facal impaction due to my idiopathic megarectum. Nurse Gill gave me a strip to wee over and that was OK, no glucose. She did a scan of my bladder and it determined a large residual of urine that wasn't draing properly. Nurse Gill also gave me a rectal examination that confirmed I was impacted. All these tests culminated in administration of various pelvic floor exercise I had to perform to stimulate my bowels and bladder.
Sorry to hear you weren't well yesterday Johnny, but you really must stop eating so many carbs. You already have many other conditions and if you're not controlling your diabetes properly your whole body is affected. Try cutting down on your carbs again and I'm sure you will feel much better.

Reactions: 4 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike

If you have pain in the kidney area today, talk to your doctor. Some people with diabetes get urine infections. Urine infections travel to the kidneys. You may need some antibiotics, blood sugar of 25 is not good.

Take care.

S

Sable_Jan

Sorry to hear you were so poorly yesterday. Hope you're feeling much better today. The exercises should do you good....and once the impacted blockage clears through that should make you feel better to. Have they given you laxatives to help or is it just exercise and good old fibre in lots of fruit and veg in your diet. Glad to hear no glucose in urine and presumably no infection, which is good news with your bladder not emptying properly.
Hope the sun is shining for you; it's lovely here.
Were you in the library posting your message or have you got internet connection at home again now?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I'm on the DON'T DO IT side of the fasting argument as @Kevin Potts understands. It seems to work for him but his digestive system was not a happy bunny after his 4 day fast...Didn't cope at all well the first day of food with lots of stomach cramps

Yes... I ate too much at once on the day I broke my fast and also tried a small piece of bread which gave me terrible indigestion...so massive carb intolerance to bread, even high quality variety:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum