Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

K

Kat100

Hello @Kat100 do you fry the cauliflower rice?
Hi there :) @mo53
I actually roast it ,the florets in olive oil .. about 20 mins .. with the spices to .. then I just put in a bowl and use fork to break it up ..
I am a rustic cook .. veggie life for me has been for many years , I am a simple cook , I stick to old recipes and just often adapt
But have days where I like something new to try :)

This year I want to try a Christmas cake with carrot courgettes etc .. I may have to practice making one ..it's in google land I will search for it .. apple sauce with be needed I remember that , I will make mine own of course :) Kat x

K

Kat100

@Kat100 thank you. You are very kind answering my questions. :)
You are kind @mo53
It's nice to share ..

I have seen you welcoming new people etc .. that's so nice ..

I used to do that lots , but it's nice to see others take over, times change ..
I have been around for four years now .. to long lol ..
so having a bit more me time .. but do drop in and out :) x

Reactions: Liam1955

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
B: Muesli

Snack: Carrot cake & cappuccino

L: Higgidy pie (mushroom & feta) with salad

D: Quorn escalope (mozzarella & pesto), baked potato, French beans & peas.

K

Kat100

Porridge oats , unsweetened almond milk ..

Cheese scone ..

Veggie dish with cheese sauce and chips tonight .. will bake chips in olive oil :)

K

Kat100

B: Muesli

Snack: Carrot cake & cappuccino

L: Higgidy pie (mushroom & feta) with salad

D: Quorn escalope (mozzarella & pesto), baked potato, French beans & peas.
Yum to carrot cake .. do you make it or buy I like carrot cake ..
I only have now and then as a treat with a coffee , I have yet to make one .. but I will :)

Grimm90999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Not vegetarian but have 3 veggie days a week since diagnosed and last night had cauliflower, lentil and coconut curry with wholegrain rice..... lovely

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Yum to carrot cake .. do you make it or buy I like carrot cake ..
I only have now and then as a treat with a coffee , I have yet to make one .. but I will :)

I do make carrot cake, but I was in a cafe this time. It "cost" me 8 units of insulin to eat it though!

It helped with my un-diet (I need to gain weight), but still very much a treat.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Granola, Greek yoghurt & blueberries

L: Hummus salad sandwich and a protein bar (peanuts)

D: LM country pie, baked potato & peas.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
For @mo53 and @maureen5752

Vegetable Curry.

I use whatever vegetables I have in. Today I used Butternut Squosh, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Potatoes, Capsicum Peppers:Red,Yellow & Green, Lentils, Yellow Split Peas and Green Split Peas, Frozen Peas.

1/4 pint of Rapeseed Oil. 1/2 pint of Vegetable Stock (2 veg oxo's).
1 level teaspoon of dried mixed herbs,
(1/2 = means Half a teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder,
1/2 teaspoon of Tumeric powder,
1/2 teaspoon of Paprika powder,
2 teaspoons heaped of mild curry powder,
Black Pepper,
3 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yoghurt.

I soak overnight 5 dessert spoonfuls of each: Lentils, green split peas and yellow split peas in hot water.
Then in the morning drain and rinse. Then put in saucepan with the vegetable stock and bring to boil them simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.

chop the vegetables all the same size and partly cook my vegetables in a steamer for 15 minutes.
Into a big saucepan (or big frying pan I use) pour in the oil, pour the veg stock from the lentils into jug and top up with hot water to 1/2 pint mark and add to the pan. Add in herbs, black pepper, curry powder, mustard powder, turmeric, paprika on a low heat and stir. Then add 3 sticks of Celery that has been sliced into chunks and cook till still semi -hard, then add in 2 sliced medium onions, and sliced (and De-seeded) red, yellow, green capsicum peppers, then add the partly cooked veg and handful of frozen peas. simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes. (I like my veg with a bit of a crunch) then add the yoghurt and stir in. And serve on Brown Rice. Enjoy :)
William

Last edited:

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For @mo53 and @maureen5752

Vegetable Curry.

I use whatever vegetables I have in. Today I used Butternut Squosh, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Potatoes, Capsicum Peppers:Red,Yellow & Green, Lentils, Yellow Split Peas and Green Split Peas, Frozen Peas.

1/4 pint of Rapeseed Oil. 1/2 pint of Vegetable Stock (2 veg oxo's).
1 level teaspoon of dried mixed herbs,
(1/2 = means Half a teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder,
1/2 teaspoon of Tumeric powder,
1/2 teaspoon of Paprika powder,
2 teaspoons heaped of mild curry powder,
Black Pepper,
3 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yoghurt.

I soak overnight 5 spoonfuls of Lentils, green split peas and yellow split peas in hot water.
Then in the morning drain and rinse. Then put in saucepan with the vegetable stock and bring to boil them simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.

chop the vegetables all the same size and partly cook my vegetables in a steamer for 15 minutes.
Into a big saucepan (or big frying pan I use) pour in the oil, pour the veg stock from the lentils into jug and top up with hot water to 1/2 pint mark and add to the pan. Add in herbs, black pepper, curry powder, mustard powder, turmeric, paprika on a low heat and stir. Then add 3 sticks of Celery that has been sliced into chunks and cook till still semi -hard, then add in 2 sliced medium onions, and sliced (and De-seeded) red, yellow, green capsicum peppers, then add the partly cooked veg and handful of frozen peas. simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes. (I like my veg with a bit of a crunch) then add the yoghurt and stir in. And serve on Brown Rice. Enjoy :)
William
@Liam1955 thanks Liam sounds great, just my kind of thing, live vegetables & lentils, beans, sounds very much like Iranian food, I have all those spices & vegtables here now do I will be cooking that for dinner tomorrow, hope you enjoyed your meal tonight x

K

Kat100

Well usual oats flaxseed and unsweetened almond milk ...

Lunch a cheese sconce and banana with coffee , I was out ..

Tonight , another curry fan , I am having lentil curry .. with white radish in coconut sauce .. small amount basmati rice ..

Then a snack ...to be decided when casualty starts :)

Reactions: maureen5752
K

Kat100

Well .. usual breakfast for me ..

Lunch .. one seeded roll , cheese , tomato, apple

Snack .. well I made the chocolate fridge cake

Super.... well have made a big pot of sambar .. it's a curry mix from Kerala .. very nice ..
and chopped green beans cooked with tumeric and coconut ..
Small amount of rice ...

Later tonight .. blackberry and apple compot .. I made some more today .. very seasonal ..

Enjoy your Sunday food everyone .. :)

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Granola, Greek yoghurt & blueberries

L: Poached eggs on toast

D: Sunday roast (nuts!)

IMG_1476648755.290262.jpg

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi @Kat100 I tried the Alpro vanilla flavoured ice cream at the weekend. Best ice cream ever!! Not bad for carbs either :D

Today
Brunch: toasted Lidl roll and peanut butter, golden turmeric milk
Dinner: haricot beans in herby tomato sauce, Sainsbury's m/f balls, dairy-free cheese sauce (There were complaints about how stinky it was. How rude!)

Reactions: mo53