What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning.

Really struggling with DP and the pre-breakfast rise. Seems worse while I am away from home. Up to 8.2 this morning, which is an improvement on the 8.7 (from 6.6) yesterday. No clue why it should be worse - eating low carb options and sleeping well. Back home tonight so will see if things go back to normal.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 at 11:00

yesterday burned 2300 calories at fitness, ate 2350 calories of which197 grams of carbs and 80 grams of protein..
didn´t eat any breakfast today but now 2.5 hours later my blood glucose is 6.5, having a guest today so lots of greek salat and beef and a dirty chocolate mousse ... a diabetic one but guess stil at lot of carbs in it anyway..

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
6.8 this morning

As of this Sunday, my values have been a darned mess. I'm shooting up into the 10's after breakfast even when it's only 10g carbs, and am waking up anywhere between 6.5-8.5. My sleeping rhythm has gone down the loo and my body doesn't like that one bit. (I also had some pie because it was my birthday yesterday which definitely didn't help, but I'm not going to forego my pie on my birthday!)

I hate DST so much..