ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I weighed the same as last week but have worse water tummy and now more swelling in right forearm more than left arm swelling. Legs are skinny but right leg very cold but not purple or painful.
Looking forward to next week's weigh in. ;)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's weight is 75.2kg, down 0.7kg since last Friday.

That makes an even 12.5kg lost since Christmas, and I am more than halfway. I am aiming for 64kg (at 5'3", that would bring my bmi to 25.)
Well done, Keep at it!!!:):)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning. Lost 0.8kg this week, bringing total weight loss to 9.9 kg - tantalisingly close to 10kg and 10% of my body weight since diagnosis.
Super news, I was 102kg when diagnosed. These milestones are really important. 10% is a massive achievement!!:):)

Reactions: Goonergal

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning Everyone. Hope your weights are all heading in the right direction. Friday again. Had a hectic gardening week involving hauling lots of heavy barrows around. No sign of any muscle or appointment for the CT scan (waited 3 weeks now) but am now 77.7. A loss of .6 which is good for me especially as I have been eating lentils in the form of lentil and bacon soup and something that the recipe claimed was a cracker but turned out to be a cookie type splodge. This means I am not low carb any more. I guess I am moderate carb per the diet doctor scale but I am still too lazy to weigh anything. My cheese consumption has decreased to compensate for the lentils so less calories = more weight loss. My runes for the next week declare I shall be doing a lot of sitting on my butt and propping up greenhouse frames so I hope I can at least maintain current weight. My waist size yaws around in a very odd fashion. I have never got to 35 inches but it has gone up to 42 for short periods. Something to ask about at my well woman appointment in May.
You're weight is going in the right direction, you wonderful knitter!!! Good luck with your appointment, May is tomorrow!!:wacky:

Reactions: covknit

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey, reading through the posts everyone sounds so thin! About 27 stone here currently... that said I was just a hair under 30 last year.
Well done on your weight loss so far!! We are all at different stages, and there is no judgement here, so welcome, please share with us. We're in this together:)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't feel bad, we all start somewhere and I never give my actual weight as not happy to admit either where I was or where I am now - so just try and keep to the 'wow' I have lost or 'hey' stayed the same - the horrible 'oh no' I have put on happens (well does to me) but it is important to accept it happens and try to stay focused and carry on. You are almost 3 stone lighter in a year that is amazing - well done. It has taken me two years and 3.5 stone lighter - as far as I am concerned a slow weight loss was what I intended against diabetic and doctors advice because I looked at it took me over 30 years to put all the weight on and if I am going to lose it and keep it off I had to do it slowly so I could adapt to the changes needed.
What a supportive post. well said.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
76.2 Kg down from 76.7 Kg last week. :)

This week I tried spiralized courgette spaghetti a couple of times, stopped eating the very small amount of rice I was having previously and stopped eating Jordan's Luxury Nut bars, eating raw nuts instead.
Go girl!! All good.:joyful:

Reactions: spook_kate_

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm all over the place at the moment. Routine out of the window, and a bit stressed with life. I weighed 73kg on Friday, so down a bit again. I would like to get back on track, and shortly looking to just maintain weight. I should be happy, but a bit tired at the mo. Good luck to you all with your endeavours.:)

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
93.4kg (206lb) this week. That's down by 9kg (20lb) since March 4th. Only a 1lb loss this week but I can definitely see my body shape changing and, for the most part, my sugars are down to reasonable levels.

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
I'm all over the place at the moment. Routine out of the window, and a bit stressed with life. I weighed 73kg on Friday, so down a bit again. I would like to get back on track, and shortly looking to just maintain weight. I should be happy, but a bit tired at the mo. Good luck to you all with your endeavours.:)
Hey, you've done so well already! Be kind to yourself

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I weighed the same as last week but have worse water tummy and now more swelling in right forearm more than left arm swelling. Legs are skinny but right leg very cold but not purple or painful.
Looking forward to next week's weigh in. ;)

I am sad you struggle as much with water retension and other problems... hope you soon get better...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thinking of you hun. Nothing stays the same, luckily.
When my weigh sticks I always remind myself of when i was infertile then had to get sterilized incase too many came along (like buses).
Hoping same happens for my weight loss.
Always been an all or nothing girl. You?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am sad you struggle as much with water retension and other problems... hope you soon get better...
I'm determined to get sorted. I'm on a mission. Like solving infertility now I need to solve weight problem.
I'm going to give it my all. As normal.
Cycle is polished for use. Just need back fixed. Seeing physio in 2 weeks time for a start to putting back right. It was on hold for heart problem diagnosis.
Have sports physio on speed dial now too. Resting today and tomorrow then walking with extra painkillers on the cards.
Well that's the plan. ;)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm determined to get sorted. I'm on a mission. Like solving infertility now I need to solve weight problem.
I'm going to give it my all. As normal.
Cycle is polished for use. Just need back fixed. Seeing physio in 2 weeks time for a start to putting back right. It was on hold for heart problem diagnosis.
Have sports physio on speed dial now too. Resting today and tomorrow then walking with extra painkillers on the cards.
Well that's the plan. ;)

I really admire your spirit of figthing... all my respekt and best wishes...
red somewhere that coconut oil feeds the best part of bacteria in our gut and thereby helps the body balance and lowers also inflamation, I am going to give it a try.. Just by taking a teaspoon full morning and evening (should be the middle long fatty acid chains in the coco nut oil.., also hope that will help my ezema...still have some insflamation in my body though it has been deminished a lot lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51