What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Berries & greek yogurt, bacon butty on 2 v small slices of farmhouse seeded bread
L: Chicken salad with low fat salad cream, berries & Activia zero yogurt
T: Bacon & brie fishcake, sweet potato chips & garden peas.
Tea & coffee throughout the day

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Chook my fasting bg today was 7.1 by 5:30pm I was at 5.8. I am not on meds of any kind so since I'm not eating, I will probably only test 3-4 times daily.
I will have a coffee with full cream in the morning then I will be drinking water and green tea.
I have been pretty lax on my diet since my last 7 day fast but have been doing IF pretty much since. Usually 16-24 hours daily. Unfortunately my bg's aren't anywhere near what I was getting a year ago where I was averaging between 4.3-6.3. Now I'm happy if I get into the 5's. The worst thing is I'm still not losing weight. I have a hunch the dairy may be the culprit in my case.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast Greek yogurt, cream , flax seeds, cherries
Dinner Cheese , mushroom , cream and cheese omelette
Snack 2 chicken ready to eat wings (as I was making tea- well they burn if I don't rip them off and eat them :angelic: ), cube of cheese
Tea Hot cooked supermarket chicken salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot) and mayo

PS normally pick at the carcass like a mad vulture, but instead I saved it for tomorrow.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's meals
Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espressos with cream and a bit of xylitol. Two squares of 85% chocolate, half a home-made low carb role with butter.
Dinner: Went out after work with a colleague, had a glass of red wine and beef carpaccio (still hungry after this).
On my way home: One piece of baby bell cheese
At home: Left overs from yesterday -- fish with coconut milk and various vegetables, guacamole, and vegetable cake plus 3 more squares of 85% chocolate.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday:
Cheese omelette with mushrooms
Piece of cheese- lunch
Piece of cheese - tea
1/2 Lidl roll plus 30g peanuts

Today:
Cheese omelette and mushrooms
Costa coffee with cream plus 20g pecan nuts
Courgetti with bacon, mushrooms and cream
1/2 Lidl roll as snack

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Chook my fasting bg today was 7.1 by 5:30pm I was at 5.8. I am not on meds of any kind so since I'm not eating, I will probably only test 3-4 times daily.
I will have a coffee with full cream in the morning then I will be drinking water and green tea.
I have been pretty lax on my diet since my last 7 day fast but have been doing IF pretty much since. Usually 16-24 hours daily. Unfortunately my bg's aren't anywhere near what I was getting a year ago where I was averaging between 4.3-6.3. Now I'm happy if I get into the 5's. The worst thing is I'm still not losing weight. I have a hunch the dairy may be the culprit in my case.

Yes, I've got a similar problem with weight - it seems to me that no matter what I do I can't lose weight. Maybe the odd pound but nothing like I used to. I did a couple of weeks of Zero Carbing which seemed to help a bit but ZC is probably the hardest thing I've done (so boring) so I've gone back on to IF (24 hour fast) with an occasional day of ZC. I looked up the thread where you described your experience of a long fast and enjoyed reading it - you did very well! Have you read Jason Fung's blog at https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/

Reactions: ziggy_w

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today (Tuesday)

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Mug of Bovril

Dinner: Salad which is mostly grown in my garden - with an egg, some ham and some grated cheese, some Hellmann's and either a small amount of beetroot or some of Mr Chook's coleslaw.

Drinks: Black coffee at breakfast, Bovril at lunch time and sparkling mineral water the rest of the time.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm still plagued by infection. Bed 8.1 FBG 7.3 and pre breakfast 9.1! At least it is lower than yesterday and I'm still trying to get through this without antibiotic. No pain in the gum just slight swelling that comes and goes and I feel fine when the swelling goes.
B. 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and a Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. Marigold vegetable bouillon.
D. Poached salmon fillet, lettuce, 4 cherry tomatoes, fresh anchovies, 1/2 avocado, boiled egg and helmanns. Another Marigold Swiss bouillon.
My Fitness Pal reckons I haven't eaten enough. Tough - at least my BG has dropped to 5.7.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: heh

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - none

Lunch - out at all day meeting. Managed to find some surprisingly good options in EAT - Smoked Salmon and Egg Fitbox (!) - tiny bit of salmon, 1.5 boiled eggs, spinach and some chargrilled broccoli. Skipped the dressing. Added a mozzarella and tomato side salad - a few of those cute mozzarella balls, couple of cherry tomatoes and spinach. Again, skipped the dressing.

Dinner - 2 rashers bacon, 1 Bird's Eye burger, 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages.

Drinks - 2 cups of tea with cream, 1 cup of tea with milk (meeting room had over zealous air conditioning so needed frequent warming up), sparkling water, tap water.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Berries & Greek yogurt, 2 poached eggs on Burgen toast
L: Chicken salad with low fat salad cream, berries & Activia zero yogurt
4ish: 1 rich tea biscuit
T: Steak, 4 new potatoes & sugar snap peas. Glass of vin rouge.
Tea throughout the day.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B - coffee with cream
L - 2 slices chicken, boiled egg, small piece cheese and slice of beetroot
D - goats cheese and spinach frittata, salad, half a protein roll and put pork scratchings

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Greek Yeo, cherries, cream, squished flax seeds.

D: leftover tandoori chicken from last night, salad of lettuce , carrot, cucumber , cherry tomatoes and Delouis mayo . A few pecans

Snack: very small bag ( more like a tube?) of Coop cashews, a few pecans

Another snack: 2 x mini Boursin cheese squares

T: A dish based on this marvellous sauce https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/chicken-veggie-wok
Only with salmon, carrot, spinach and pepper
Strawberries and cream

That's a lot of food. If I were to eat a wafer thin mint I would explode ....;)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today

Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espresso with cream and a bit of xylitol, two vegetable cakes (zucchini, potato fibers, eggs) and a square of 85% chocolate.
Lunch: Döner Kebab, white and red cabbage salad, tsatsiki and goat cheese (blood sugars hardly moved at all).
Snack: one square of 85% chocolate.
Dinner: The last of the left over fish with coconut milk and vegetables, vegetable cakes and half an avocado, a glass of red wine and two squares of 85% chocolate.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late B: bacon and egg
Early D: baked salmon and salad followed by a low carb blueberry muffin.

Too much protein, not enough veg, and the salmon was not very good quality.
Oh well, tomorrow is another day. :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, Chipolata sausages, grilled tomato

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: (very late this evening due to hospital appointment at 6.30!) Tuna, egg and prawns salad (usual lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radishes, red onion) and Hellmann's

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, Chipolata sausages, grilled tomato

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: (very late this evening due to hospital appointment at 6.30!) Tuna, egg and prawns salad (usual lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radishes, red onion) and Hellmann's
That is a late appointment. My turn tomorrow - I have Physio in the morning (changed from last week as the tooth extraction took priority) and the Eye Pavilion in the afternoon. Eye pavilion takes ages as I am due a field test tomorrow and they are always running late.

Reactions: ziggy_w and mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to say I am loads better today and the swelling in my gum has finally gone. BGs returning to a better level too. Bed on 6.1 FBG 7.1 and pre breakfast was 7.3. Still a bit to go but getting there.
B. 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and a Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. Marigold Swiss bouillon and a small pack of M&S chargrilled calimari. Urban Fruit triple toasted coconut chips.
D. Similar to @Chook a salad mix of tuna, avocado, red onion, celery, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and some Helmanns.
I REALLY love that Urban Fruit triple toasted coconut chips. Took the boys to Clarks this morning for the foot measuring saga. Thankfully they have been often enough to know the score. No 1 needed new school shoes, new trainers and new black plimsoles. No 2 just needed new winter boots. No 1 shops like me knows what he wants and gets it - no browsing about. No 2 was surprisingly quick this year too. I even got peace to get a pair for myself for my nieces wedding. They are off home now so peace reigns.