Type 1 My Blood Sugars are Suddenly Uncontrollable at Lunch

TypeOne2007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I started on two separate injections of Levemir one before bed and one in the morning because my blood sugar was high at lunch. This helped for the first week or two. However in the past week or so my blood sugar has been high at lunch, for example just today my sugar was 16.9. I never eat breakfast because I go to work at 6.20am and don't feel like eating. I also haven't changed any other lifestyle or diet elements since this change has happened with my blood sugar. Its very worrying and confusing and was just wondering if any one here had any insight into what might be going wrong here.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You might need more basal. Do some basal testing to find out - https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/

If you aren't eating breakfast you might be suffering from some variation of dawn phenomenon / feet on the floor syndrome. You might find you need to bolus on waking to deal with that. Or to eat something small and bolus on waking.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I started on two separate injections of Levemir one before bed and one in the morning because my blood sugar was high at lunch. This helped for the first week or two. However in the past week or so my blood sugar has been high at lunch, for example just today my sugar was 16.9. I never eat breakfast because I go to work at 6.20am and don't feel like eating. I also haven't changed any other lifestyle or diet elements since this change has happened with my blood sugar. Its very worrying and confusing and was just wondering if any one here had any insight into what might be going wrong here.
I agree with @catapillar. From your post it sounds like you don't test your BG at all between leaving for work and lunch - it would be advisable to, so you can see what's happening to your BG.

How are your daytime BG's and how do you get to work?

TypeOne2007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I agree with @catapillar. From your post it sounds like you don't test your BG at all between leaving for work and lunch - it would be advisable to, so you can see what's happening to your BG.

How are your daytime BG's and how do you get to work?

No I do check my blood glucose again in between leaving for work and lunch which is usually around 10am. It seems to just be steadily increasing or lowering then increasing again if I have given a correction for a high blood sugar before leaving for work. I use public transport to get to work.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You may need more basal insulin, or even just something to eat to stop the rise like @catapillar outlined.