ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you, @heh, have a wonderfully pleasant, hot, sunny day. My intercostal muscle sprain/bruising is still very tender, but I'm slowly recovering, even if it's a slow, gradual process. Best wishes to you, @heh, my good friend.
Food @JohnnyBaker12021970 You have taken metformin on an empty stomach. Never a good idea hun.
Please eat something ASAP.

Reactions: Petaluk

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Food @JohnnyBaker12021970 You have taken metformin on an empty stomach. Never a good idea hun.
Please eat something ASAP.
Thank you for your dear, sweet, caring concern, @ickihun, and your perfect and wonderful love. I haven't eaten anything yet, and my blood glucose reading is now, at 10:40 ante meridian, British Summer Time, 6.6.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, Friends,

I reheated a chilled Sainsbury's Deep-Pan Pepperoni Pizza in my Microwave Oven which was 700-Watt-Capacity for 3 minutes. I also had a long snooze afterwards. I awoke with muscular cramps in my bruised intercostal muscles from where I slept on my tummy with pressure being applied to them from the 2 pillows on my bed. I've also just had a smoked glass mug of decaf coffee with 3 Sweetex saccharin sweetener tablets. I've now run out of milk and I don't have much money to buy anymore.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Afternoon, Friends,

I reheated a chilled Sainsbury's Deep-Pan Pepperoni Pizza in my Microwave Oven which was 700-Watt-Capacity for 3 minutes. I also had a long snooze afterwards. I awoke with muscular cramps in my bruised intercostal muscles from where I slept on my tummy with pressure being applied to them from the 2 pillows on my bed. I've also just had a smoked glass mug of decaf coffee with 3 Sweetex saccharin sweetener tablets. I've now run out of milk and I don't have much money to buy anymore.
We seem to be running out quicker too. Smaller portions for same money now or price of that food has gone up.
Your pizza has raised your sugar too fast so has worn your body out Johnny. Hence the sleep. Are you due a shop now?
Ask for a raise in pocket money or ask for powdered milk, not whitener, for emergency coffee/tea from your carer.
Sainsbury's dried skimmed milk is nice. I used to travel with it.
Why reheated pizza hun? Nothing else in?

Have you got any protein in? Fish, meat or nuts.
I stock tinned mackerel, tuna, salmon from Tesco and Lidl. Peanut butter and nuts for hungry evenings. Which are great for fbg numbers..... But not with bread, pizza base or toast. Other than protein bread toast without crusts on.
Any veg in daily hun?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
We seem to be running out quicker too. Smaller portions for same money now or price of that food has gone up.
Your pizza has raised your sugar too fast so has worn your body out Johnny. Hence the sleep. Are you due a shop now?
Ask for a raise in pocket money or ask for powdered milk, not whitener, for emergency coffee/tea from your carer.
Sainsbury's dried skimmed milk is nice. I used to travel with it.
Why reheated pizza hun? Nothing else in?

Have you got any protein in? Fish, meat or nuts.
I stock tinned mackerel, tuna, salmon from Tesco and Lidl. Peanut butter and nuts for hungry evenings. Which are great for fbg numbers..... But not with bread, pizza base or toast. Other than protein bread toast without crusts on.
Any veg in daily hun?
Thank you, my lovely friend, @ickihun, for your kind advice and concern. I do have some Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli Florets and Fresh Green Frozen Garden Peas and a Butterflied Lamb Leg in my freezer and also a piece of gammon joint and a whole chicken and 7 Sainsbury's Basics frozen spaghetti bolognese ready meals and a big piece (1 kg) of Sainsbury's Basics mild cheddar cheese. I haven't altogether been very well motivated in the last few days to cook for myself due to having my fall and the magnitude of my pain in my belly is draining me of energy. My blood glucose reading now, 12:56 ante meridian, British Summer Time, after a smoked glass mug of decaffeinated instant coffee with almond milk and two Sweetex saccharin tablets is 13.8. I see what you mean by the pizza, it's spiking my blood sugar! This convenience food is very unhealthy compared to the lean meat, minimal potato and plenty of vegetables my Dad consumes every day and that's why he's lived to 87 for which I'm grateful.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I don't think my mental health is very good, @ickihun, @Guzzler, @heh and others. My mood is very low and as you're aware from my posts and my diabetes management I'm really struggling. In many ways I have made discernible progress, hence my smoking quit and buying things for my flat but my mental health is ailing. That's why I'm grateful to be part of this diabetes.co.uk family.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I don't think my mental health is very good, @ickihun, @Guzzler, @heh and others. My mood is very low and as you're aware from my posts and my diabetes management I'm really struggling. In many ways I have made discernible progress, hence my smoking quit and buying things for my flat but my mental health is ailing. That's why I'm grateful to be part of this diabetes.co.uk family.

It sounds like the sooner you get into a safer environment the better. Don't give up on this, keep pushing, it will happen. Take it steady now. Best wishes.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Small wins @JohnnyBaker12021970 .... keep your focus clear, understand where you were and where you are now. Kicking that habit is one heck of an achievement. So many can't

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've just boiled a kettle of water and added it to some lightly salted broccoli florets which I brought to the boil and simmered for 6 minutes on Number 5 on my Electricity Hob on my electric cooker. When it had softened I added a bit of Clover margarine to it and really enjoyed eating it for my vitamins, minerals and fibre and iron.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, @ickihun, @heh, @Guzzler and @Mike D ,

I took my Lixisenatide Glucagon-Like Peptide 20 mcg subcutaneous injection this morning as well as my Metformin Hydrochloride 1000 mg tablet as well as my other complex medication this morning after a sleepless insomniac night and my fasting blood glucose reading was 7.0. Other blood glucose readings were 6.5, 6.4 and 6.3. I really enjoyed eating, in the early hours of this morning, my lightly simmered, with a pinch of salt, broccoli florets with Clover margarine. I've got to lay off the carbs in the pizzas and knock cheese on toast on the head, too. @heh suggested cooking a cheese omelette.

I also took 2 200 mg ibuprofen tablets and 2 500 mg paracetamol tablets for my intercostal muscle sprain/bruising from my fall exactly 1 week ago today.

Reactions: Guzzler and heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, @ickihun, @heh, @Guzzler and @Mike D ,

I took my Lixisenatide Glucagon-Like Peptide 20 mcg subcutaneous injection this morning as well as my Metformin Hydrochloride 1000 mg tablet as well as my other complex medication this morning after a sleepless insomniac night and my fasting blood glucose reading was 7.0. Other blood glucose readings were 6.5, 6.4 and 6.3. I really enjoyed eating, in the early hours of this morning, my lightly simmered, with a pinch of salt, broccoli florets with Clover margarine. I've got to lay off the carbs in the pizzas and knock cheese on toast on the head, too. @heh suggested cooking a cheese omelette.

I also took 2 200 mg ibuprofen tablets and 2 500 mg paracetamol tablets for my intercostal muscle sprain/bruising from my fall exactly 1 week ago today.
Cheese omelettes are the best, very filling. No bread thou, is best.
Grated cheese surrounding 2 cracked eggs on a plate then cooked in oven, is my childhood favourite.
Fill up on ham, bacon and peanut butter...... but with no bread. Lettuce leaves as bread for sandwiches is a winner too. Especially iceberg lettuce leaves - fresh.

Reactions: Petaluk and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, I had a wonderful day in London yesterday with my daughter. Ate some naughty stuff and had a few drinkie-poos :D

@JohnnyBaker12021970 a cheese omelette sounds perfect

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my lovely cyber-friend, @ickihun, I still am in a lot of discomfort like when I cough from the bruising and sprain over my intercostal muscles from my fall on Sunday 15th April 2018 CE but it's a lot better and more bearable with my 200 mg Ibuprofen tablets and 500 mg Paracetamol tablets and my Phorpain Maximum Strength Ibuprofen Gel. I haven't had anything to eat yet and my fasting blood glucose level was 8.1 Millimoles Per Litre. I have had 3 smoked glass mugs of caffeinated instant coffee with 2 Sweetex saccharin tablets each. I've also administered my Lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide 20 mcg subcutaneous injection and 1000 mg of metformin hydrochloride and other medications. My lower back just ached then when I am sitting on my hard chair typing this message with my Chromebook laptop computer resting on the brown chest of drawers in front of my sound system by the telly in my social housing property sitting room.

Have a lovely day, @ickihun. I just prayed for you and @heh and @Guzzler and @Mike D , Debra Sue and @13lizanne and @eldergarth and @tina_marie.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
A beautiful song I've just shared with you all, my special friends on Type 2 Life.

Reactions: Guzzler and ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
An educational video from Youtube about diet plans for diabetics.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, my lovely cyber-friend, @ickihun, I still am in a lot of discomfort like when I cough from the bruising and sprain over my intercostal muscles from my fall on Sunday 15th April 2018 CE but it's a lot better and more bearable with my 200 mg Ibuprofen tablets and 500 mg Paracetamol tablets and my Phorpain Maximum Strength Ibuprofen Gel. I haven't had anything to eat yet and my fasting blood glucose level was 8.1 Millimoles Per Litre. I have had 3 smoked glass mugs of caffeinated instant coffee with 2 Sweetex saccharin tablets each. I've also administered my Lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide 20 mcg subcutaneous injection and 1000 mg of metformin hydrochloride and other medications. My lower back just ached then when I am sitting on my hard chair typing this message with my Chromebook laptop computer resting on the brown chest of drawers in front of my sound system by the telly in my social housing property sitting room.

Have a lovely day, @ickihun. I just prayed for you and @heh and @Guzzler and @Mike D , Debra Sue and @13lizanne and @eldergarth and @tina_marie.
Ibuprofen tablets have a little sugar on coating so may be a little higher fbgs til muscular sprain doesn't warrant them any longer. Still take them til then hun. Pain makes bgs higher so being in less pain is bests out of these 2 options. Only temporary, luckily.
This time next week you should have healed more.
Its so easy to fall when unsteady on feet.

Any plans today? Keep moving and on painkillers to heal quicker. A nice walk or look around river banks?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Ibuprofen tablets have a little sugar on coating so may be a little higher fbgs til muscular sprain doesn't warrant them any longer. Still take them til then hun. Pain makes bgs higher so being in less pain is bests out of these 2 options. Only temporary, luckily.
This time next week you should have healed more.
Its so easy to fall when unsteady on feet.

Any plans today? Keep moving and on painkillers to heal quicker. A nice walk or look around river banks?
Thank you for your advice, my lovely friend, @ickihun. I guess the sugar coating on the ibuprofen does increase blood glucose readings because my blood glucose level, just now, 9:18 Ante Meridian (British Summer Time), today, Monday 23rd April 2018 CE, the day I became 5 months abstinent from tobacco misuse, was a bit high standing at 7.2 Millimoles Per Litre. That's a fasting blood glucose level.