Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

P

pollensa

4.4 this morning :D

As requested in another thread.... state your fasting numbers here.
My fasting level today 8.3.:( ****. Over to other T2s now....

Hello equipoise, as I reside in Spain the cut off value level to test is to be below 110mg/dl. What is the testing cut off recommended used is it to be below 108mg/dl as once was until this year, or is it now 100mg/dl that is shown on the this site?
I am interested when people are putting on their results of fasting what they are basing their results from basically is it

108mg/dl or 100mg/dl?

Curious to know, as some may still be working on the 108mg/dl and not the new recommended cut off 100mg/dl?

???

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello equipoise, as I reside in Spain the cut off value level to test is to be below 110mg/dl. What is the testing cut off recommended used is it to be below 108mg/dl as once was until this year, or is it now 100mg/dl that is shown on the this site?
I am interested when people are putting on their results of fasting what they are basing their results from basically is it

108mg/dl or 100mg/dl?

Curious to know, as some may still be working on the 108mg/dl and not the new recommended cut off 100mg/dl?

???
I’m guided by this page on this website:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/fasting-blood-sugar-levels.html
Scroll to the bottom for the suggested levels.

P

pollensa

I’m guided by this page on this website:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/fasting-blood-sugar-levels.html
Scroll to the bottom for the suggested levels.
Thank you. I was following this guide and it used to show 108mg/dl as the cut off, then in May 2018 I noticed it changed to 100mg/dl was informed that Diabetes had changed and lowered, now following the Nice.

It was for this, I was in wonderment, if people using the site forum/ may may not have noticed the change lowering from
108mg/dl to 100m/dl as its not something one daily looks at to be honest. It was by chance I spotted it myself.

I take it you were following Rachox 108mg/dl and now using the lowered number of 100mg/dl Has this made any difference to your result levels is once you were normal and perhaps due to the lowering of cut off to 100mg/dl may have placed yourself or others in another bracket i.e. pre diabetes whereas before one was not.

It may be many people out there may not have even realized or noticed that the cut off has lowered, hence, my curious question generally.

thanks for info provided.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal Yes i suppose your right and i did use the wrong word as i shouldn't have said "Complain". Not the right word. I suppose for those that are so use to 5's and lower and see a higher number would be just as disappointed as those that get high numbers. So i hope i didn't step on too many toe's so to speak. I would be :singing::singing::singing: if i could get some 5's but i,m finally realizing that dawn phenomenon "ok someone correct me if i spelt that wrong":facepalm: is obviously very real and i haven't a clue as to what to do about it. Anyway have a good day,night wherever you are.
Hi @Moggely to try and beat that woman Dawn phenomenon:) take your test kit to bed with you. If you wake up earlier than normal test and see what figure you get;)