So I made a 5 minute Keto chocolate mousse..

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Double cream, unsweetened cocoa powder, sweetener and cinnamon..

And it’s certainly...different lol.

There’s a vague chocolate taste and a vague sweetness...and you only have to eat a spoonful for it to fill you up, but, given that I struggle with any recipe over “fry an egg”, it came out okay.

Watch out Mr Ramsey, here I come!

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

There’s a vague chocolate taste and a vague sweetness...and you only have to eat a spoonful for it to fill you up, but, given that I struggle with any recipe over “fry an egg”, it came out okay.

Well done, but watch out. You could become hooked on trying out all these culinary challenges :)

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Perhaps if I try another recipe ??
He might as well start the quaking. So many yummylicious things to try out, but even if I have most of the ingredients I just never seem to get it done.
I'm so ungrateful ;) to @HSSS for giving me this pro tip. "A mix of cream cheese and double cream whipped up together bumps up the fat and calories and is a nice dessert for me." I did try that one, and am completely sold. I used ½ and ½. Added a little sweetener and peppermint extract. Whipped till it resembled whipped cream and drooled all over the place.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Which sweetner did you use @Patrick66 ?

Reactions: Patrick66

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
He might as well start the quaking. So many yummylicious things to try out, but even if I have most of the ingredients I just never seem to get it done.
I'm so ungrateful ;) to @HSSS for giving me this pro tip. "A mix of cream cheese and double cream whipped up together bumps up the fat and calories and is a nice dessert for me." I did try that one, and am completely sold. I used ½ and ½. Added a little sweetener and peppermint extract. Whipped till it resembled whipped cream and drooled all over the place.
It drooled all over the place, or you did, or both ?

Reactions: HSSS

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I added a few strawberries last night. Tonight I have some orange essence to try. Peppermint is my favourite so far though with a few dark choc shavings to make it look pretty

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I added a few strawberries last night. Tonight I have some orange essence to try. Peppermint is my favourite so far though with a few dark choc shavings to make it look pretty
I bunged a few raspberries at mine...they bounced off!

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
**** you! :hilarious: On my way to Lidl to buy cream cheese at Dkk 8,-/ 200g. On offer in Denmark. Ha! Looking for a suitable facility to stock it or a bigger fridge.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind

Ahhh, Bless ya. It is nice to see somebody make an effort with food. You should be very proud of yourself. Now look up on YouTube and go for the minute microwave mug bread. Very easy. When cooked toast it..Nice with peanut butter, or you can turn it into a pudding with blackberries, vanilla essence, and sweetener of your choice added to the mixture, nice with fresh thick cream on top. I do not usually eat sweet things but enjoy this

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahhh, Bless ya. It is nice to see somebody make an effort with food. You should be very proud of yourself. Now look up on YouTube and go for the minute microwave mug bread. Very easy. When cooked toast it..Nice with peanut butter, or you can turn it into a pudding with blackberries, vanilla essence, and sweetener of your choice added to the mixture, nice with fresh thick cream on top. I do not usually eat sweet things but enjoy this
Is this the one?

Reactions: Patrick66

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
you can also melt a small bar of dark chocolate in the microwave whip up double cream add the melted chocolate and you have double chocolate cream dessert and stick a strawberry on too, no sweetener needed as the chocolate always give it a sweet taste .

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Is this the one?

They look delicious, but all I did was follow the minute mug recipe and added berries sweetener vanilla essence, oh meant to say and Cinnamon I do this with omelette also..I add cream to the omelette..It comes out a little like an egg custard with fruit very nice

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
you can also melt a small bar of dark chocolate in the microwave whip up double cream add the melted chocolate and you have double chocolate cream dessert and stick a strawberry on too, no sweetener needed as the chocolate always give it a sweet taste .
YUMMY