What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very disappointing fbg of 9.0 today. I'm hoping it's because I had a large evening meal last night with a big roast parsnip (I forgot it had carbs - stupid) and a small stuffing ball... And the biggest stupidity? I forgot non-alcoholic wine contains carbs and sugar. Not bad for someone who spent his entire career working in the substance misuse sector!!!
Today is a new day (obviously lol ) its a difficult time of year with all the excess food around .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.5 did a 3 and a half mile walk and it rose to 9.7 which I assume is down to my liver getting rid of stored glucose (I have a very large store lol ). Back on wagon ...exercise and low ish carbs . Happy New Year to all and I hope you all achieve whatever BG reading you wish for :)

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 at 8am! I expected much higher, looked at my watch every hour until 5 o’clock this morning, sleep evading me and my brain wouldn’t settle. Plus sainsburys curry (no rice though) for supper.

A very happy new year to all you lovely prickers! :happy:

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 at 8am! I expected much higher, looked at my watch every hour until 5 o’clock this morning, sleep evading me and my brain wouldn’t settle. Plus sainsburys curry (no rice though) for supper.

A very happy new year to all you lovely prickers! :happy:
First time I've been called a pricker and laughed.

Guess I know my rightful place now. Lol

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG of 6.0 this Tuesday morning. Better than expected after sushi for lunch yesterday. Should have had sashimi, the white rice does horrible things to my BG levels, as Libre demonstrated. But today is another day, have a good one.

RoughcutAU

Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year. Been MIA over the period sorry Team. Time to get back on the bandwagon.

FBG Fingerprick 8.4 Libre 8.4 possibly abit of DP/FOF here as the libre graph shows abit of a climb from when I first woke up and pressed snooze until I actually got up. Either that or my body is still working through the christmas period carb overload.

Have a great day all.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Well, this afternoon an initial salutory depressing reading of 12.7, yes you read correctly, 12.7, then only 3 hours later a most favourable 6.3, will somebody enlighten me? Is it possible to half the BG within 3 hours?

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, this afternoon an initial salutory depressing reading of 12.7, yes you read correctly, 12.7, then only 3 hours later a most favourable 6.3, will somebody enlighten me? Is it possible to half the BG within 3 hours?
Evening @Estragon. Afraid, I don't know the answer. I couldn't halve my own blood glucose in just 3 hours, but type 2 diabetes is a very individual disorder. Perhaps your beta cells are more lively than mine!

RD02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Couldn’t say on type 2 but with type 1 which is a completely different beast definitely. With insulin on board I only need to look at a treadmill and it can plummet.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine does! I try not to go to 12 but have a couple of times after eating carbs over Christmas. It happened twice and each time I was back to 6 within 3 hours. Another time I went to 12 and dropped to 6 within 2 hours, but that was first day of Libre so jury's out whether that was accurate

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Did you do a 2nd reading straight away? Sometimes an iffy strip can be the culprit. Or residue of soap or other substances (I am not judging you!) on your about-to-be-perforated digit.
Or it’s just T2 playing silly buckets as my toddler daughter once told me when I asked what her father was doing.

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. Ruining all the good FBGs above by a 7.4 but I did have bread twice yesterday so that wont be happening again. Happy and healthy new year to you all. Btw my new years honours go to @Estragon and @Ashybang for great courage, perseverance and despite the toughest of times carry on carrying on with humour.
Awww thanks @PenguinMum .
As you are aware...... It takes more than a mere piddly ¡heart attack , to wipe the smile and mirth, from my face and character, whilst I have the support, friendship and love ❤️ from the wonderful family on here.......

Back in the groove this wonderful new day, with BG 5.7 mmol..... YaY I'm back !

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Perhaps your beta cells are more lively than mine!
Hiyah! I’ll need to research these beta cells.

Did you do a 2nd reading straight away?
Indeed on the other hand too.

Mine does! I try not to go to 12 but have a couple of times after eating carbs over Christmas. It happened twice and each time I was back to 6 within 3 hours. Another time I went to 12 and dropped to 6 within 2 hours….
Well all that’s reassuring, thank you. I’m hoping other T2 reading your and my experience will gain some insight and reassurance too. I did feel very vulnerable when that 12 pinged into view.

Anywho, back in a morning 6.7.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All so started the climb down (I can only hope) with 6.9 so scraped into the stickies and overslept ow might have been even dizzier heights (or lows). Welcome @Dorro good to meet you in this friendly corner. Happy Tuesday all. I’m sticking with the Christmas jumpers until the decs come down on twelfth day! Anyone unwell sending best wishes and virtual hugs.