What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ggggrrrr B.G. 7.7 mmol today, so my journey back into the 'Hive' was short lived. (Lasted just one day lol).
Was hovering around 10 mmol for a good few hours before bed, so I can't be too down on the 7.7mmol.
Today is another day and I'll be putting in big effort to get back in the hive.....
Good to see many folk starting to reduce the numbers, after a tricky festive season has passed.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Good to see many folk starting to reduce the numbers, after a tricky festive season has passed.
Indeed it is.

Ggggrrrr B.G. 7.7 mmol today, so my journey back into the 'Hive' was short lived. (Lasted just one day lol).
Think "plateaus" rather than well-greased slides - I am. T2 is truly seductive. But hey, think just where you've come from - yeah?

Dorro

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, hope we are all well?....

FBG of 4.8 this morning, calculated A1C of 5.6 quite happy with that given the over-indulgences of Christmas!

Looks like I'm on the right track myself, keep up the good work folks and try not to be disheartened when you don't get the results you would like, persistance and discipline will hopefully pay off eventually.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, this afternoon an initial salutory depressing reading of 12.7, yes you read correctly, 12.7, then only 3 hours later a most favourable 6.3, will somebody enlighten me? Is it possible to half the BG within 3 hours?
Yes it is I had a 12.4 the other morning ( sat ) and it come down to 7.9 after breakfast ( with meds ) .Though the 12.4 FBG was a bit of a shock.

gogobroom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - not so sure this Dry January is doing me much good ...... BG at 6.50 upon waking was 8.9mmol/l , been hovering between 8 and 9 all morning. luckily I don't feel any different when its around that level, lets see what happens over the coming days.

Happy New year to you all, here's hoping we can all get these numbers under control in the coming months.

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, results are in…a disappointing 48 (6.5). It’s super hard to deal,with the fact that I’m ultra low carb, don’t cheat and exercise daily. I’m normal weight, if not underweight, drink tons of water…..this sad pancreas just cannot handle this….
oh well..carry on
6.8 this morning, 5.5 before lunch

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
I hear yah . . . Other than that, your health is good? No neuropathies? No eye issues? Your heart arteries are intact?
My health is great. I have zero issues. My A1C has only ever been 48….that was my diagnosis number, it went a wee bit lower over the last year and now back at the start line. Low carb is certainly not the “cure” for me but it does keep me kind of normal. Something i will discuss with my doctor, this is tough and travel is brutal….

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Forced myself awake and on my feet about 6am to stop an awful nightmare. Tested 7.5
Went back to bed and slept until 8am. Re-tested 5.8! I will take that one, thanks.

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning from California.
4.72 mmol/L 85 mg/d on Wednesday morning. Have a nice day everyone!
@Omar51
Wow pal.
Seems like you really have the numbers written in Granite, such is the durability and reliability of them.
You are on permanent repeat with a 4 point something , daily........
Brilliant example of what can be achieved.
Self discipline in the California sunshine, is of a very high standard.. . . . . . .
Well done good sir!

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 FBG this morning.

Nearing the end of my sojourn in the southern hemisphere (for now) so recklessly had 2 croissants for breakfast. It didn’t do anything too drastic on Libre. I have noticed that my body seems to tolerate more by way of carbs in the morning, as opposed to similar amounts in the evening. Timing appears to matter.

Have as good a day as you can, wherever you are.