What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Never rains but it pours.....
I've had my fair share of maladies just lately and yesterday I awoke to very badly swollen legs with pitted edema bilaterally.
Tried getting in docs and no appointments available so called 111 for advice. After numerous questions , the lady said she'd get a practitioner to call me back. After a couple of hours I got a call back and again after numerous questions I was told to call GP back, tell them the symptoms and also that I'm a recent heart attack patient....
I did this and at first was told there were no appointments, but then told a cancellation had just come through with a practitioner nurse so I took the appointment.
After examination , I was advised to go accident and emergency.
Time spent at hospital and told I'd got deep Vein Thrombosis and needed a scan to find the problem.....
Stafford hospital closes early for the night . It was 3.30pm and they said it's too late to book in for a scan. I was given a tummy injection and sent home, but they said I'd be phoned this morning to book in for a scan. Just had the call, so all is happening and it's another trip to hospital. Iv spent so many days there lately, I may as well move in......

This morning BG 7.3 mmol which is a great result considering recent events.

I think also, I have an abscess forming where I had the very violent tooth extraction 2 days ago. Mouth is still very painful.
Proper going through the mill I am just lately, but I'll plod on and keep my chin up hoping things turn around soon and life becomes tolerable once more......
Fingers crossed today's scans on my legs goes ok and the Blood Clot melts away no bother and my legs and feet etc go back to normal.
Sending out best thoughts to you all.......
We are all sending hugs to you Ashybang, hope it all goes smoothly xxxxxxxxx

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening @Ashybang. So sorry to hear you're laid up. You must be one of that hospital's best customers!

I take it you were advised to keep the affected leg raised while seated during the day and drink plenty of water. Sending well wishes for a steady recovery,
@LivingLightly..... Hahaha yes, I'm keeping the local hospital busy certainly.......the ambulance service and 111 helpline have been kept on their toes also.
Legs elevated above heart level has been the norm just lately and it feels kind of strange when standing vertical.
Yes I keep hydrated and am on 2 x 40mg fuoresimide water tablets too.
This next week I have Cardiothoracic Dept Appointment, MRI scan result appointment with GP. Another leg scan appointment. Mental health nurse appointment , have workmen coming to my flat to repair extractor fan. Annual Electricity safety check appointment and I think I'll have to tell my son & grandchildren to make an appointment if they wish to see me lol
Thing is, since Christmas, weeks like this are quite normal.
It will ease off soon surely.

It's almost 11.30pm now & I'm signing off for the night.
Catch you tomorrow after a good night's sleep . Best thoughts to you & all.....

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awoke this morning to test
BG 12.2 mmol.
A bit disappointed as all I ate last night at around 7pm was a tinned tuna sandwich, with 2 rounds of bread.
It has to be the bread that's given me a higher reading and I should know better by now, not to eat the damned stuff.
Have a lovely weekend x

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning

FBG Fingerprick 4.2 Libre 4.3 .. *picks my chin up off the floor* leaving on my cruise today so doubt they will be anywhere near that good for awhile.

Hope everyone keeps keeping on. Take care if I don’t check in for awhile.
Farewell and bon voyage! @RoughcutAU

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre yesterday 5.4
Today 5.7
Saw go yesterday, still have a chest infection, low sats & wheezy, sent straight to a&e, there for a few hours before being sent home again
Too ill to go to gym today
Have a good weekend everyone & hugs to all in need

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awoke this morning to test
BG 12.2 mmol.
A bit disappointed as all I ate last night at around 7pm was a tinned tuna sandwich, with 2 rounds of bread.
It has to be the bread that's given me a higher reading and I should know better by now, not to eat the damned stuff.
Have a lovely weekend x
I am sorry to hear your latest challenges @Ashybang. You are really going through it atm. That dentist didn’t take good care of you and you might need antibiotics but I guess you know that. At least the hospital are checking carefully re DVT. I am sending you oodles of hugs and hope you get positive news after the next scan and the tooth eases up. I would say its likely to be the toothache sending your BG up rather than the sandwich. Please take good care.
I wasn’t aware that both legs could swell up with a DVT. When I was in Lanzarote last November both lower legs swelled up so badly on the fifth day that I spent the day inside with feet up as I was flying home the next day. I put it down to the extreme heat and because it was both lower limbs I discounted DVT. I am going to get compression stockings for next trip to Spain.
Today my FBG is 7.2 so nothing more to say.
@Ashybang keep us in the loop we will be thinking of you.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Awwww thanks Lainie71.
All went well with the scan on my legs.
It went that well, they've asked if they can repeat the process and scan me again next week too.......
Hug returned xxxx
Yay!!!! You are getting there xxxxxxxxxx