What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Early Evening posters and painters, was out and about before 8:00am this Morening.

Luckily my blood sugars this morning were 5.0

Today has been a strange old day and at one point this afternoon collapsing into a heavy afternoon nap. This screwed my misplaced plans for this afternoon.
Yesterday the annoying religious zealots that populate Reading town centre ignored me, for which I am truly grateful.
Now hopefully attached is another ov Mrs J’s paintings, it was painted as a present for one ov her many fiends.

Have an enjoyable evening all
View attachment 67234
This is beautiful. I love it. Pass on my compliments to Mrs. AJ, please.
@alf_Josiah

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Early Evening posters and painters, was out and about before 8:00am this Morening.

Today has been a strange old day and at one point this afternoon collapsing into a heavy afternoon nap. This screwed my misplaced plans for this afternoon.
Yesterday the annoying religious zealots that populate Reading town centre ignored me, for which I am truly grateful.
Now hopefully attached is another ov Mrs J’s paintings, it was painted as a present for one ov her many fiends.

View attachment 67234

Nice painting!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmm
Interesting.....

I use a sweetener in my tea.
Have done since DX

Sure some may poo poo it, but I think they have a place & serve a need

But not sure why a cucumber salad, really requires it....as per many other of the recipes, it seems.

At the risk of a pun, it all seems rather unsavoury.

Until I remember that food companies, likely have the power of some governments.
And can weild it how they see fit

Buyer beware, indeed .
ADA to recommend that people with diabetes add massive amounts of Splenda to cucumber salad

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
Badgers jumping on & off the swing
43secs

Creative is a one line squiggle of a lady walking towards and past my car. Trying the thicker pen line again...

I was trying to find my garden ornaments yesterday. The badger has broken a lot of smaller ones over the past few months and I've just about given up having any ornaments in my garden. So I'm trying to sort all that out and seeing what I can retrieve.

My container vegetable garden, which I have given up on because of the badger digging everything up, is doing quite nicely with self sown wildflowers and self sown herbs. In other words it is taking care of itself. As long as nothing disturbs the soil that is transplanting seedlings and stuff, the badger will, by and large, leave it alone. Unless they are in a playful mood.

My tree kale and tree broccoli is doing nicely...well out of the reach of the badgers.

I have started a kitchen sill garden again...

And I have put up 2 archways outside the kitchen door. The hanging gardens of Babylon will be on there by next year...hopefully. I need a watering system. For the one in the shade I am considering a self wicking system...loads ideas online, but do they work?

Have your best kind of day...
Time for a cuppa, and a nap...

Nearly forgot to say...found my red stone dragon...in my frog pond...I blame the badgers...and I got bitten by a water boatman for my troubles - ouch.

IMG_6922.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmm
Interesting.....

Have done since DX

But not sure why a cucumber salad, really requires it....as per many other of the recipes, it seems.

Until I remember that food companies, likely have the power of some governments.

Buyer beware, indeed .

I don't believe anyone or anything any more.
Impossible to sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.
I tried artificial sweeteners years ago on advice of dietitians, but they made me ill @jjraak
I avoid anything with them now.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't believe anyone or anything any more.
Impossible to sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.
I tried artificial sweeteners years ago on advice of dietitians, but they made me ill @jjraak
I avoid anything with them now.
In 1970 I was advised to use saccharin to reduce weight (not that I took much sugar anyway) but having tried, I became pretty sick immediately. That was the last of saccharin. Over the years I have discovered that any artificial sugar (found in many products and eaten unnoticed) have caused similar problems. Stevia was one of the worst. I still sometimes miss it when I read labels and always have a similar reaction. So, I'm safer with sugar, even though it doesn't agree with me very well. Result? No sugar, no honey and no artificial sweeteners. Not in things I am eating, though I do use sugar in baking for others.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg 4.3 at the moment.
I downloaded an app the other day called Visible it’s sort of like a fitness tracker but for people who have health issues supposed to help you pace your self not sure how helpful it is but will give it a try for a while.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Who is hugh?

One of the advisory snippets, I came across was before blood panel tests, concerning liver and kidneys function tests, was fast and drink plenty of water. No coffee or tea. Get the test mid morning.
Do a little bit of activity.
And if reducing carbs, do it gently.
Love the art. Never heard of that colour.
Thanks @Lamont D. Plenty of water is always a good idea as long as you don’t go mental. Latest advice for exercise for those with diabetes is to start moving 30 min after food for most gain and include both aerobic and resistance and in that order to get greater benefits. All exercise is best done in the afternoon when mitochondrial activity for muscle building is at it’s best.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 today at 03.45. Up for some reason at 8.4 after a cup of tea but I think it will drop again when I have breakfast.

Today would be a good day for working on the roof, but there's no sign of the builders coming with the solar panels yet.

Neil has found several boxes of china good which have never even been opened. Didn't remember any of them. One was a set of black plates, bowls and such which he bought in IKEA when he was living in his own home, one matches plates which I remember from years ago but of which I only have 2 tea plates left. Oddly, there is a box of cups and plates which I know are in the loft somewhere, but he can't find them.

Still difficult to move around, but much of the pain from yesterday has subsided. :joyful:;););)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 67234
What a bright and wonderful piece of work to give as a gift - smashing

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today at 03.45. Up for some reason at 8.4 after a cup of tea but I think it will drop again when I have breakfast.

Today would be a good day for working on the roof, but there's no sign of the builders coming with the solar panels yet.

Neil has found several boxes of china good which have never even been opened. Didn't remember any of them. One was a set of black plates, bowls and such which he bought in IKEA when he was living in his own home, one matches plates which I remember from years ago but of which I only have 2 tea plates left. Oddly, there is a box of cups and plates which I know are in the oft somewhere, but he can't find them.

Still difficult to move around, but much of the pain from yesterday has subsided. :joyful:;););)
Fingers crossed for those builders turning up - typical of them not communicating.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
43secs

Creative is a one line squiggle of a lady walking towards and past my car. Trying the thicker pen line again...

I was trying to find my garden ornaments yesterday. The badger has broken a lot of smaller ones over the past few months and I've just about given up having any ornaments in my garden. So I'm trying to sort all that out and seeing what I can retrieve.

My container vegetable garden, which I have given up on because of the badger digging everything up, is doing quite nicely with self sown wildflowers and self sown herbs. In other words it is taking care of itself. As long as nothing disturbs the soil that is transplanting seedlings and stuff, the badger will, by and large, leave it alone. Unless they are in a playful mood.

My tree kale and tree broccoli is doing nicely...well out of the reach of the badgers.

And I have put up 2 archways outside the kitchen door. The hanging gardens of Babylon will be on there by next year...hopefully. I need a watering system. For the one in the shade I am considering a self wicking system...loads ideas online, but do they work?

Nearly forgot to say...found my red stone dragon...in my frog pond...I blame the badgers...and I got bitten by a water boatman for my troubles - ouch.

View attachment 67243
Hope it's not offended at you calling him/her/they a badger....mmhh

As it might, judging by the video, identify as a 'Cat'

.....just saying .

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
43secs

View attachment 67243
I do like these broad pen sketches - narrow pen ones also. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on hose pipes and stuff you can re-purpose some plastic bottles with cotton bud drip points. Loads of ideas Here

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Mmm
Interesting.....

Have done since DX

Buyer beware, indeed .

I seem to recall an article about sweeteners. Am sure it inplied, or stated definitely, that they were a probable cause of cancer.
Ditched my Splenda and went back to sugar.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a chilled out start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 this am. Sugar and sugar substitutes - I steer away from them. Mrs Miggins likes a sugar in her koffy but we collect sufficient in tiny bags when visiting cafes so don’t buy the stuff. Out to dinner tonight with the Veterans club - 6pm start so well wishing my 10 hour window. Art bit - finishing off this particular sequence by using all the colours that were used individually. Hope your Friday is good to you, say hello to Mrs Odin just to make sure. Is there time for another koffy?

1713516033590.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those with a mischievous glint in their eye.

Blood sugars this morning were a healthy 7.0 . The top end ov a normal persons range, so don’t go having a hissy fit and sticking pins in a doll or effigy ov me, me’s or myself.

Today here in Tilehurst Towers preparing my motorcycle for use is on my list ov tasks. What’s on Mrs J’s list ov my tasks is yet to be communicated to me.

Ah Mrs J says thank you for your kind comments on her painting.

Now it is time say stay safe all, remember a smile costs nothing and gives so much. It is still a beautiful world. I wonder where that last sentence came from.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And a win for you @gennepher on finding the elusive dragon.

But a hug for the bite.

Now hoping the dragon in the pond, isn't a clue to what might else be lurking in the pond itself.

Looking for a little bit of that 'Peace & Tranquility" your garden is renowned for ..eek

I mean, you got most things on your garden, so it's theoretically possible.... :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
43secs

View attachment 67243
Great that you found your stone dragon @gennepher. Love your drawing.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seem to recall an article about sweeteners. Am sure it inplied, or stated definitely, that they were a probable cause of cancer.
Ditched my Splenda and went back to sugar.
Hi @SlimLizzy .

Good point.

I always think life's a huge risk assessment exercise .

Even the sun gives us cancer .

So we each make our own assessment of what we personally accept as a risk.

For some it's nil, for others just a bit more & for some, there's no limits.....hello parachutists...lol

Here's the WHO article about aspartame risks, etc for those unaware or interested .