What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wispa, boost, magnum bar, sarnie, kettle chips, Maynard gums, beans on toast. In a state of denial. Waiting on follow up app at gp. A1c was 94, last finger test 16. Finding hard to adjust until I get diagnosis
Well you know what do, and what not to do. Don't be in a state of denial, that'll get you nowhere. Just grasp that nettle. It won't be too bad.

Good luck with the diagnosis.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch hm kefir then a mushroom and cheese two egg omelette with small avocado and tomato salad.
IMG_20240421_130902 (2024-04-21T18_23_38.000)_kindlephoto-617190707.jpg

Dinner roast chicken with asparagus and glass of dry white wine. Four squares of Montezuma 100% chocolate and decaffeinated coffee.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well you know what do, and what not to do. Don't be in a state of denial, that'll get you nowhere. Just grasp that nettle. It won't be too bad.

Good luck with the diagnosis.
We know you mean well @IanBish but I should hope the OP has got it together by now. That message was posted in 2015.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've gone off fish which makes me a bit sad, because I used to love it - however you've given me a little ray of hope there by mentioning scallops, I might just have to give them a try again!
So pleased @jpscloud. Diabetic-friendly, tasty and nourishing, scallops are 80 percent protein, so should help you feel full for longer!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two eggs scrambled in butter with a generous dollop of double cream, sautéed chestnut mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes, all seasoned with black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Aperitif: dry white wine.
Baked whole sea bass, belly stuffed with sprigs of French tarragon and garlic, drizzled with olive oil.
Steamed samphire topped with a knob of butter.
Baked calabrese broccoli, leeks, onions, garlic and sweet red peppers.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Four squares, Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate.

D: Salad made with anchovy fillets, eggs, avocado, lettuce, Padrón chillies, salad onions, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with walnut halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday
Brunch: fried egg, 1 rasher smoked bacon , 1 pork sausage ( bacon and sausage from deli butcher locally farmed , sausage very meaty) chestnut mushrooms, 1 slice SRSLY bread fried in the bacon fat, copious quantities black coffee.
Dinner: braised beef in onion and mushroom gravy, cauliflower mash, spring greens, sugar free tonic water.
Nightcap: dark rum with Pepsi max.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch small kefir then fried two eggs and served on one slice of low carb bread toasted and buttered then two strawberries with hm yoghurt
Dinner lovely mix of left over roast chicken and one chipolata sausage served with some salad and olives. I made a mixed bean salad - sounds high carb but doesn't affect my bgs - for information I use a can of Waitrose essential mixed beans in water which I rinse under cold tap then give them an extra soak in fresh water and rinse again to get rid of any excess starch. I then use the drained beans with a mix of herbs and chives from garden plus a spoon of lemon juice and olive oil. One portion was a quarter of a can which states 8g of carbs but suspect less after the rinsing. Sausage btw low carb high meat is less than 0.3 per sausage. I also had cheese and olinas low carb seeded crackers these are 1.2 grams of carbs per four crackers.
IMG_20240422_163815_kindlephoto-652426217.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: lamb and mushroom Balti curry with cauliflower rice.

2024-04-22 19.13.34.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: the last of the hm lc cheese biscuits. Cwc. Yoghurt jelly

Exercise class

L: 4 rashers streaky bacon. 2 yoghurt jellies

Afternoon. Made some lc chocolate brownies for the freezer, but ate about 4!

Feeling unwell. Think it's from too many carbs and sweeteners over the past few days.
Going to try skipping eating anything until tomorrow lunch, see if that sorts me. Should be easy as out early and busy all morning

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was spelt sourdough ( not low carb) toast with hard boiled egg and bacon
Lunch was lc toast with sardines a cherry tomato and feta
Dinner will be overboiled well rinsed navy beans, kale and yellow pepper curry on cauliflower rice with yogurt and cilantro. Planning on making a keto naan recipe to accompany it.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the photos some of you post.
My food generally tastes fine, but never well presented, unless we are entertaining guests. I would be ashamed to show and tell here. Especially as today, has just been a grazing on what was there sort of day.

Breakfast : black coffee, Fage full fat yogurt, cherries.

Lunch: decaff black coffee, small piece Lancashire garlic cheese, stick of celery

Dinner, some left over beef from yesterday, yellow pepper, raw cauliflower , a thin florets. A thin slice of pear. Mineral water.

typo edit

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I love the photos some of you post.
My food generally tastes fine, but never well presented, unless we are entertaining guests.
Still, your food on sunday had me wishing I would have shared your meals, no matter what it looked like!
(Except for the Pepsi Max, but I wouldn't have minded to drink the rum neat so even that would have worked out.)
Sunday
Brunch: fried egg, 1 rasher smoked bacon , 1 pork sausage ( bacon and sausage from deli butcher locally farmed , sausage very meaty) chestnut mushrooms, 1 slice SRSLY bread fried in the bacon fat, copious quantities black coffee.
Dinner: braised beef in onion and mushroom gravy, cauliflower mash, spring greens, sugar free tonic water.
Nightcap: dark rum with Pepsi max.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Black coffee and a few montezuma's 100% buttons.
Splendid! Where did you buy those 100 percent buttons @jpscloud?

I must track down a bag of buttons for my husband's birthday. He never touches anything made with milk chocolate these days and seldom eats 70 percent dark chocolate, but really enjoys Montezuma's Absolute Black chocolate, as do I.