Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry to hear you suffered the same ignominy, Solveig's song is a beautiful piece of music, a bit maudlin but beautiful stupid man, perhaps we could put both together in a corner with the loop playing both pieces of music, serve them right.

That's exactly my point - it was Jean's favourite which is why we chose it, just as Dora the Explorer was chosen as it was relevant . It's got nowt to do with the person who conducts the sevice (Tho I imagine "Smack me b*tch up" or "I am the god of hell fire " by J Arthur Brown may be frowned on :D (Actually, I really like that one ...memo to me, add it to my living will that it should be played as the curtains come around ...:D )

But I digress... yes, in they go. Continual loop of both songs and up to the chin in liquid evil :D

Signy

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's beautiful.
And even I can see how appropriate.

I'm so sorry.

I tell you what, let's handcuff them together, or put them in their own enclosed little sub-room. Nothing but the two of them without any distractions. They can spend the rest of time telling each other that they are right, the other minister is wrong, and judging everything.

We could sell tickets: 'masterclass in hypocracy' and 'how to avoid Christian Charity'.

LOL! Classic!:D:D

Signy

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
That's exactly my point - it was Jean's favourite which is why we chose it, just as Dora the Explorer was chosen as it was relevant . It's got nowt to do with the person who conducts the sevice (Tho I imagine "Smack me b*tch up" or "I am the god of hell fire " by J Arthur Brown may be frowned on :D (Actually, I really like that one ...memo to me, add it to my living will that it should be played as the curtains come around ...:D )

But I digress... yes, in they go. Continual loop of both songs and up to the chin in liquid evil :D

Signy

Thank you, made me laugh, salve for the pain. thank you.

Reactions: 4 people
C

chris lowe

Along with cold callers I nominate RSPCA calls, husband was talked into donating £6 a month now he forever gets calls asking him to increase the amount. How about £20 - no thanks, Well could you manage 15? No. Well how about 10? If he's not here they ask to speak to him and I say he's out but they can talk to me. No they can't because it's his name on the direct debit. So I say it's a joint account and I can just as easily cancel the direct debit because I object to their lefty politics and their bosses getting 3 figure salaries. Funnily enough they hang up then. Ho Hum!

Reactions: 5 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst I agree to the calls, I'd have to say that not all the RSPCA people are like their bosses, the ones I know personally are dedicated to their jobs and do everything in their power to make a difference in the lives of our unfortunate furry/feathered friends.

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks!
New avatar is courtesy of @Scandichic and this thread.

I'm still adjusting to the cup size. ;)

By the way - don't you dare change your avatar. I should have included it in the Perfect list. Because it is.
So, you are saying @satindoll is really a strange cross eyed green creature wearing big purple slippers and you are the image of that Jessica Rabbit?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Pre-dictive text on my phone should go in!

I am fed up of altering words that I haven't typed. I can't turn it off! Bloody iPhones!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to hear you suffered the same ignominy, Solveig's song is a beautiful piece of music, a bit maudlin but beautiful stupid man, perhaps we could put both together in a corner with the loop playing both pieces of music, serve them right.

How dare they? Just how dare they?
If there is a god that they believe in then our version of 101 will seem like a holiday.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Along with cold callers I nominate RSPCA calls, husband was talked into donating £6 a month now he forever gets calls asking him to increase the amount. How about £20 - no thanks, Well could you manage 15? No. Well how about 10? If he's not here they ask to speak to him and I say he's out but they can talk to me. No they can't because it's his name on the direct debit. So I say it's a joint account and I can just as easily cancel the direct debit because I object to their lefty politics and their bosses getting 3 figure salaries. Funnily enough they hang up then. Ho Hum!
Any charity that pays huge salary to bosses, whilst grateful supporters stand in all weathers shaking collection boxes outside supermarkets.

Reactions: 7 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any charity that pays huge salary to bosses, whilst grateful supporters stand in all weathers shaking collection boxes outside supermarkets.
Add to that the charities I have given to in the past that then put me on the database and send regular begging letters that in the long term cost more than the original donation.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I am on a roll now! The charities that catch elderly vulnerable people unawares, get them to sign up for direct debits, then when their caring relatives notice they are paying out half their monthly income and cancel, send the poor oldie letters with pictures of sad looking pups saying such things as "sorry you are not our friend anymore".

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Thanks for asking, it was grim :mad: Another "Minister" who should be in 101 for sure. He waffled on and on about roses which Jean was never interested on, holidays in Tenerife which she never had, and we did wonder if he had actually got the right funeral :( He had never actually met her, and if he had done, she would have made mincemeat out of him as she was an agnostic, and his description of her now finding peace in a rose garden with Himself would have had her crying with laughter.

Oh, and he banned the playing of "Solveig's Song " from Peer Gynt, on the basis of it not being "Christian " , ignoramus that he is. If he had bothered to research this , he would have found it perfectly acceptable, even if not to his musical tastes :rolleyes:

Signy
Just found the words in Norwegian. Several references to God! Complete prat!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Son in laws brother died suddenly of a hear attack only 36, had to wait for an autopsy, then at the funeral little one had put all her dads and her favourite music sing along songs on tape, pig preacher said Dora the explorer wasn't suitable and until then she had been holding it together, upshot one very hurt little girl, very large upset group of friends and family, hopefully one pig preacher regretting his mouth
I would write a letter of complaint to his bishop.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
We did complain to the crem , as he was a stand in for the usual guy, they said they would not use him again.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just found the words in Norwegian. Several references to God! Complete prat!

Exactly so! The whole last verses are about God!:rolleyes: Perhaps he was thinking of "Hall of the mountain king" AKA the Troll Dance :D Which is a pretty cool piece of music too :headphone:

Signy

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Exactly so! The whole last verses are about God!:rolleyes: Perhaps he was thinking of "Hall of the mountain king" AKA the Troll Dance :D Which is a pretty cool piece of music too :headphone:

Signy

I like it too, as you say it's cool

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Whilst I agree to the calls, I'd have to say that not all the RSPCA people are like their bosses, the ones I know personally are dedicated to their jobs and do everything in their power to make a difference in the lives of our unfortunate furry/feathered friends.

Yes they do a great job,been watching the CH5 series the Dog Rescuers over the last few weeks which follows the good work the RSPCA do in rescuing dogs that are being mistreated and neglected, some of the treatment that these dogs receive at the hands of their owners is truly awful.

However I do agree with Chris also, they should be happy that they already donate £6 to the charity and leave it at that, it's this type of cold-calling that can put people off donating to a worthy cause.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes they do a great job,been watching the CH5 series the Dog Rescuers over the last few weeks which follows the good work the RSPCA do in rescuing dogs that are being mistreated and neglected, some of the treatment that these dogs receive at the hands of their owners is truly awful.

However I do agree with Chris also, they should be happy that they already donate £6 to the charity and leave it at that, it's this type of cold-calling that can put people off donating to a worthy cause.

I agree, and as a fosterer for the RSPCA's Pet Retreat Scheme I wish to thank the generous people who through their donations make it possible for people like me to help the pets of the unfortunate people who have to go into hospital/care/sheltered housing/battered wives homes till they are ready and able to have their beloved pets home again.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe we should have a Room 010 (NOT like the TV prog) thread - for all the great things we want to praise.

Anyone want to start it?