Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to get serious, if the toilet lid is left up, when the lav is flushed, tiny droplets of water and contents of the toilet bowl are released as vapour into the air above and around the toilet.

Think on chaps.

It's called

Fecal aerosol. (Hope no one leaves their toothbrushes out...)

Reactions: 2 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to get serious, if the toilet lid is left up, when the lav is flushed, tiny droplets of water and contents of the toilet bowl are released as vapour into the air above and around the toilet.

Think on chaps.

Indeed. In my house I'm the only one who puts both the seat and the lid down. So can I consign all the other members of my family into Room 101? Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee.

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Indeed. In my house I'm the only one who puts both the seat and the lid down. So can I consign all the other members of my family into Room 101? Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee.
Emphatic yes!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You are aware that once in 101 there's no way out, best to send them to the waiting area, just in case you change your mind its up to you

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe you could dangle the carrot that they might... just might... get a reprieve if they learn the error of their ways...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are aware that once in 101 there's no way out, best to send them to the waiting area, just in case you change your mind its up to you

Goodness! Forgot that! Hmmm. And we deliberately didn't leave any kind of secret escape route, did we?

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Okay, stick them in the waitiing area. Mind you, they could be there a long time if I get used to the peace and quiet. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, hang on, he is a bloke! Not known for cleaning bathrooms. Quick let's hope the 2mother in law monitors have delayed them long enough to bring @julifriend's family back from the brink.

Looks like they have... @MrsB 's great aunt is still looking for her glasses.
And making sure their coats are done up.
And checking their handkerchiefs are clean...

Phew!

That was close!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks like they have... @MrsB 's great aunt is still looking for her glasses.
And making sure their coats are done up.
And checking their handkerchiefs are clean...

Phew!

That was close!
Think my MIL telling them all about HER, could have held the queue for a while. So seems we have developed the perfect system to allow for the few errors we perfectly reasonable fair people could, very occasionally make.

Aren't we great! It is sooo good being us!

Reactions: 3 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We have an arrangement.

If I bumble into the bathroom at night (not turning light on out of consideration for dear Mr B), and sit down onto icy porcelain, then I get a flannel, run it under the cold tap, return to the bedroom, peel back the duvet, peel up the t shirt, and apply the flannel. Back or front, I have no preference.

It has happened twice in 8 years.

The first time he didn't believe it would happen.
The second, he genuinely forgot to put the seat down, and I really felt bad. But of course, I couldn't have backed down.

I realise some of you will think I deserve 101.
If so, so be it.

But I can assure you that all toilets in 101 will have their seats put down, after use.

I LOVE how this woman thinks!:D:D:D

Signy

Reactions: 3 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We all put the lid down in our family but then I use the kids tootbrushes to clean the rim of the bowl to compensate anyway :p

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*Trying desperately to keep up here !*

Food for thought for blokies :

According to the principles of Feng Shui, a toilet with the lid left up allows wealth chi to flow away, leaving that household in poverty.
It also negatively affects the Dragon Meridian, causing impotence, and your toenails to turn green .

Millions of Chinese can'r be wrong ;)

Failing all that, there;s always the cold flannel aversion therapy, even if it is outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

Signy

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Think on chaps.
Only posh people have lids on toilets.
Next you'll be saying you have one indoors or even worse one upstairs and one downstairs!

Reactions: 5 people