Room 101 (like the TV prog)

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does that include me, I called one of my girls Sherri-Anne, she called her daughter Danu and other daughter called her little ones Seraphie and Jacen
Er oops, foot in mouth disease. Sherri-Anne is fine, the next 2 I have never heard of so could not possibly comment on spelling.

But.... If the last is pronounced like Jason then I'm sorry, I must stick to my guns and put your daughter in. She joins my sister though for calling her son Lui

I understand if you no longer wish to speak to me :(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eek!

I had a head a few mins ago!

This is terrible!

I hate it when people talk to my boobs.

Reactions: 5 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Er oops, foot in mouth disease. Sherri-Anne is fine, the next 2 I have never heard of so could not possibly comment on spelling.

But.... If the last is pronounced like Jason then I'm sorry, I must stick to my guns and put your daughter in. She joins my sister though for calling her son Lui

I understand if you no longer wish to speak to me :(

Don't be daft, job, her dad is welsh by birth brought up in Canada, so should be forgiven for strange ways, .......... was named after her French great grandma and ............ is said like its spelt. so I plead not to put my daughters in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't be daft, Danu is a Canadian/Welsh job, her dad is welsh by birth brought up in Canada, so should be forgiven for strange ways, Seraphie was named after her French great grandma and Jacen is said like its spelt. so I plead not to put my daughters in.
Oh ok. I'm not that heartless.

Spooky thing though, in your shown post it did not mention the Seraphie explanation but when I quoted it it appear

Aah, you must have edited since my reply. Actually really like Seraphie. Sounds like an angel or fairy

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh ok. I'm not that heartless.

Spooky thing though, in your shown post it did not mention the Seraphie explanation but when I quoted it it appear

Aah, you must have edited since my reply. Actually really like Seraphie. Sounds like an angel or fairy

Yes I realised I'd left it out silly me trying to type faster than the brain works, doh
Actually means angel,

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have an arrangement.

If I bumble into the bathroom at night (not turning light on out of consideration for dear Mr B), and sit down onto icy porcelain, then I get a flannel, run it under the cold tap, return to the bedroom, peel back the duvet, peel up the t shirt, and apply the flannel. Back or front, I have no preference.

It has happened twice in 8 years.

The first time he didn't believe it would happen.
The second, he genuinely forgot to put the seat down, and I really felt bad. But of course, I couldn't have backed down.

I realise some of you will think I deserve 101.
If so, so be it.

But I can assure you that all toilets in 101 will have their seats put down, after use.
I thought 101 had just the one toilet, no paper, and water turned off?

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Er... what is a massage dump? (My bold red).

I'm having trouble getting the thought out of my head...
Darn autocorrect ... MASSIVE it was meant to read. Looked more like a pile of horse manure! Poor old Holly, bless her, she was about 15 ... funny how they get the same conditions as aging humans, like dementia, incontinence ... look out Mr T, there is such a thing as Karma you know!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Can I put people who wee on toilet seats in? It's not nice living with 4 males. I mean how hard can it possibly be to aim lol
I KNOW ... and they've got a 'pointer' as well! No excuse!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
I'll tell you why Pipp ... it's cos them blokes leave ALL the cleaning up to us ... one of my old retrievers did a massive 'dump' in front of the telly one morning (fortunately on tiled area) and all the kids and husband were going round 'ughing and ugh that stinks' so it was left to me. Wonder what would have happened if I'd walked away as well? Still be there I s'pose :(

You've edited this post haven't you! It said 'massage dump' before! I was desperate to know what a massage dump was, I'm quite disappointed now......

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Ummm ok, having read back through the thread the whole massage dump thing was discussed earlier. I'll go and stand in the holding area.

Reactions: 4 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Ummm ok, having read back through the thread the whole massage dump thing was discussed earlier. I'll go and stand in the holding area.
It's ok Semiphonic, no need for that .. it's hard to keep up with the order of posts on here! Sorry to disappoint.... I would make something up just to amuse you but can't really think of anything right at this moment!

It is interesting though how 'conveniently' we've digressed from the topic of the woman having to clear up the doggy doo to what a 'massage dump' is ;)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I agree it is either seat and lid down or both up none of this feminine wishy washy half way nonsense.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to get serious, if the toilet lid is left up, when the lav is flushed, tiny droplets of water and contents of the toilet bowl are released as vapour into the air above and around the toilet.

Think on chaps.

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
th

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Stupid councils who think collecting the rubbish fortnightly will save them time and money, then change the routes without consulting the lads on the wagons as to where their greatest loads come from, leading to us being missed for the third time in a row as the wagon is full to bursting, and they will have to come back tomorrow which means someone else will be missed elsewhere, don't tell me women's logic on my way.