Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Lipids should be fasting, despite what your doctor may say. Triglycerides can be affected by food.
That's the label of the box ticked on the bloods envelope "random lipids". My fasting lipids have always been excellent.

Attachments

• 1418818806072.jpg
    1418818806072.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

andbreathe, i,m due at the dr,s on 14th january after my blood test on the 30th december
Fingers crossed yours goes well. Going for mine on Friday. Just checked and the mist local one was yesterday and Fri. Others aren't too far but am bit on the Xmas busy side now. Got to book with practice nurse 2 weeks after that

Reactions: 2 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning. I will take that most gratefully. I was at a pot luck dinner last night and I ate ALL the food, including melon, punch, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, stuffing, trifle, and a truffle. Tested about 2.5 hours after at 7.4.

Reactions: 13 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 this morning. I will take that most gratefully. I was at a pot luck dinner last night and I ate ALL the food, including melon, punch, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, stuffing, trifle, and a truffle. Tested about 2.5 hours after at 7.4.
smiley-violent105.gif

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Pot luck in more ways than one ;-). Mayb you kept your carb portions small :)

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
5.1 this lovely morning in the colonies. Not bad considering I caught a cold yesterday and how frosty it is here:
icefog.jpg

Reactions: 22 people
S

Sable_Jan

@AndBreathe how did the "cooking" go? After all talk of lasagne I HAD to make one....only got 5 sheets in which was 100g Sgt so only 70ish carbs shared by 4 portions. Cheese sauce made wth soya milk. Cornflour is 90gs carb/ 100.... So brainwave said make the cheese sauce runny instead of the meat sauce (always need to water it down) so only one rounded desertspooonful instead of 2 heaped....now why didn't I think of that b4....

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 this morning.

Sorry not been able to come on here much and I've lots n lots of post catching up to do.
Family are home for the holidays and I've been rushing around trying to get everything done.
Woke up this morning with a sore throat and cough that has just picked the wrong time to arrive... Well it's not welcome! Lol

Hope everyone's well and enjoying this lovely time of the year :)

Reactions: 14 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you feel better soon. Horrible when you can't remember if you've had meds or not.

Thanks, it just worries me when I forget, I don't want to get complacent. I'm feeling a little better today - don't know what it was yesterday, I had the same feeling as I do when I'm having a hypo, though I checked my bg more often than usual and it remained around the 6's. Maybe I'm just tired and need my holiday, two days to go!

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Woohoo!! 5.4 post lasagne, lettuce, tomato and piece of garlic bread. 2.5 hrs post as, despite kit being on top of list of things to take to my friend's with food, I forgot to take it with me. Pretty chuffed wth that. Will do a 2hr test tomo at lunchtime. Just the lasagne, not the extras

Reactions: 14 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done Jan. I am starting to feel a bit better i think the antibiotics are starting to work. See what chest clinic say tomorrow. Thanks for all your good wishes.:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 8 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 this morning, I am really unsure why I am getting higher readings. I have not been feeling 100% and have a slight fungal infection from the heat. Guess this could make a difference. I will just continue what I am doing and keep monitoring, if it does not improve in the next week I will go see the doctor.

Reactions: 13 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
7.5 this morning, I am really unsure why I am getting higher readings. I have not been feeling 100% and have a slight fungal infection from the heat. Guess this could make a difference. I will just continue what I am doing and keep monitoring, if it does not improve in the next week I will go see the doctor.
That fall might not have helped Anne .... good luck :)

Mike

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.